The Bhutan Country Office of the World Bank Group was established in 2011. Since its establishment, the Country Office has been expanding its functions. The Bhutan Country Management Unit (CMU) provides Administrative and Client Support primarily to the teams based in Thimphu, but also to visiting missions. Given the scope of the country program and magnitude of the administrative tasks, support is required from a Team Assistant (Grade GB). The incumbent will provide administrative assistance to Bhutan CMU.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3-year term appointment.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
• Liaise with government counterparts to coordinate schedules, taking team priorities into account; communicate changes of schedules to respective team members (both inside and outside the Bank).
• Assist missions with the processing of visa, route permits, dissemination of mission clearance letter, aide memoire, etc. and provide any other logistical support as necessary.
• Lead a preparation and delivery of events, e.g. conferences, workshops, etc.
• Update and maintain files and other documents, such as Contact Database, as and when required.
• Draft routine correspondence and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
• Support accounts, administration, procurement and IT services needed for the office.
• Perform any specific task and undertake any ad hoc assignments as per the instruction of the Resident Representative.
Teamwork and Inclusion: Collaborates with team members (both within the country office and visiting missions) and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, with utmost demonstration of respect for different points of view. Open minded with an attitude to learn and share/contribute.
Client Orientation: Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude (including excellent communication and interpersonal relationship with client); is able to understand clients’ needs, timely completion of tasks and make necessary adjustments professionally.
Project and task management: Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to details and quality work. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within a stipulated schedule.
Versatility and adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch one’s own capability and demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
Knowledge, Learning and Communication: Has good knowledge of official unit’s language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
Institutional policies, processes, and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of own department’s programs and products, knows the key players and understands one’s own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them accordingly.
Drive for Results. Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and possess the personal organizational skills to do so.
Technology and systems knowledge. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to -date knowledge and skills as technology.
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making. Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquires (within the context of the country’s/government’s protocol if it requires any senior government counterpart).
Personal Initiatives: Any other personal initiatives particularly to enhance team work and achieve greater results is highly encouraged.
OTHER SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Minimum Education: High School diploma, a Bachelor’s degree is desirable
• Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 2 years.
• Strong English and Dzongkha language skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills-able to generate trust and respect from clients as well as other development (governments and development partners).
• Honesty and integrity- willingness to admit to mistakes and consult seniors for advices/directions.