The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
The South Asia Department is recruiting Team Assistants (2 positions) to be based in South Asia’s Delhi office.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.Background / General description
The Team Assistant’s duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational and administrative support
• Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
• Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
• Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
• Draft correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
• Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
• Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
• Assists team or work unit by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages.
• Assists in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc.
Information Management and Client interaction
• Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
• Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
• Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office;
• Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities
Time management & Logistic planning
• Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
• Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters;
• Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
• Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Minimum Education/Experience: High school diploma with minimum 3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient English skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to retrieve reference materials from various sources (e.g. databases or other filing systems, Internet, etc.)
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness.
• Proven ability to build relationship and interact positively with senior counterparts in the public and private sectors, in English.
• Committed team player with good inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
• Project/Task Management: Completes assigned tasks / projects with supervision as needed. Pays attention to detail and ensures good quality products. Takes action to identify and resolve routine and non-routine issues. Is motivated and willing to do whatever is required.
• Client Focus: Acquires awareness of Unit’s key programs and products. Able to describe the World Bank’s mission. Interacts with internal and/or external clients, Washington, and field offices
• Communication: Speaks up, listens, and participates in meetings and dialogues. Shares knowledge and information appropriately across the Department. Delivers accurate information in a timely manner. Handles confidential material with judgement and tact.
• Teamwork: Makes strengths known and seeks opportunities to contribute, participates in addressing obstacles to effective teamwork.
• Institutional Knowledge and Functional Expertise
• Understands where to go to obtain information regarding institutional policies, procedures, and technology. Uses applications (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) to deliver and execute routine work.
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.SCSelection Criteria