NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor funding. Botswana citizens are encouraged to apply.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a TB Technical Lead for an anticipated U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)–funded HIV project in Botswana. The HIV project will support the closing of HIV and TB clinical cascade coverage gaps for all populations and help Botswana reach the 95-95-95 targets for HIV prevention, care, and treatment.
- Lead and provide technical oversight for TB within project including guidance for planning, implementing, and monitoring of TB-related project strategies and activities.
- Provide technical assistance to District Health Management Teams (DHMT) for TB prevention, detection, and treatment activities in Botswana, focusing on high incidence districts.
- Lead the approach to develop evidence-based and patient-centered interventions to support TB screening, diagnosis, and linkage to treatment for diagnosed clients.
- Support DHMT to scale up tuberculosis preventive therapy (TPT) as an integral and routine part of the HIV clinical care package throughout the country.
- Understand pressing challenges to addressing HIV/TB coinfection in Botswana and design strategies and implement solutions to those challenges.
- Support the project leadership to maintain strong relationships with all partners and stakeholders, particularly TB-related stakeholders.
- Support project and government awareness and demand creation efforts in communities and facilities with TB prevention and care information, review of materials and messages, etc.
- Stay informed and provide leadership to update project team/stakeholders as well as project and government plans in accordance with national and international guidelines related to TB, TB/HIV coinfection, and TPT.
- Ensure all presumptive TB patients are screened for HIV and linked to appropriate services.
- Monitor the project’s performance as it relates to TB, TB/HIV, and TPT, and guide project staff and partners to course correct with new strategies or activities as needed to ensure project is meeting its targets and objectives.
- Work with project leadership and CDC representatives/collaborators to ensure scale up and sustainability of TB program implementation.
- Capture lessons learnt from the program in a way that can be disseminated to the larger audience and inform other TB control programming approaches, which may include developing case studies, journal article, presentations, and posters.