The purpose of this role is to manage and develop the implementation of the organisational talent acquisition and recruitment strategy by drafting and operationalising policies, procedures, methods and systems related to talent acquisition, recruitment, sourcing, selection and orientation at mother2mothers (m2m). The incumbent will work closely with colleagues across the Global Human Resources Team and wider business to provide specialist talent acquisition and sourcing strategic advice in an innovative manner, develop the organisational recruitment and talent acquisition strategy, in addition to recruiting for key roles across the organisation. The role has an oversight responsibility for all recruitment at m2m along with leading the orientation, on-boarding, probation and off-boarding processes on an organisational level. This position reports to the Senior HR Business Partner at Head Office in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Recruitment, Selection and Assessment
- Manage the overall recruitment, sourcing, selection, assessment and on-boarding process for m2m across the organisation for all types of recruitment (including bids, interns, volunteers and fellows).
- Responsible for the updating and/or design efficient recruitment, selection and assessment solutions for the organisation that take account of the sector we work in, the current trends in talent acquisition and sourcing, the multiple locations we work in and provide us with a competitive advantage when hiring talent.
- Monitor relevant labour legislation across all the countries where we have a presence to keep the talent acquisition process legally compliant.
- Ensure consistent application of recruitment and selection practices at all levels within the organisation with regular meetings and feedback from recruiters as well as data collection, collation and recruitment reporting on a monthly basis.
- Manage and take responsibility for the full recruitment, selection and assessment process at Head Office, in countries where there are no recruiters and when there is an identified recruitment project or need organisationally.
- Responsible for the ongoing use and implementation of the SilverSoft applicant tracking system to ensure that it is accessible, users are trained, user guides are developed and relevant reports are generated as required by the business.
- Set up channels for recruitment advertising, analyse and recommend changes and/or new directions that have maximum talent attraction impact while being cost effective.
- Be the lead contact for all recruitment and sourcing external agency relationships, undertake an annual recruitment agency audit.
- Research and where necessary develop recruitment strategies and processes for new m2m start-up country projects.
- Ensure that the recruitment and related policies are tested against best practice, updated and drafted for approval as required.
2. On-boarding, Orientation and Off-boarding
- Responsible for the design, maintenance and delivery of the organisation’s orientation and on-boarding processes, system and toolkit to ensure proper and appropriate induction of new employees into the organisation.
- Responsible for the capacity building of line mangers and HR Global Team members on the m2m orientation and on-boarding principles and processes so that they understand their role in the process.
- Responsible for all new employee orientation and on-boarding at Head Office and in countries where there is no HR representative.
- Coordinate and facilitate the two day orientation workshop for new employees at Head Office once a quarter
- Coordinate and facilitate the quarterly virtual orientation session for all new m2m employees, develop materials for organisational use and dissemination.
- Maintain and develop the m2m virtual on-boarding portal
- Conduct Exit-Interviews providing an analysis of the data and recommendations to the organisation annually. Assist exiting employees with transitional coaching if required.
3. Talent Management and Development
- Support the HRBP with the Talent Round Table process at Head Office and Country level by providing administrative assistance to the HRBP and process
- Conduct Stay-interviews providing an analysis of the data and recommendations to the organisation annually. Assist new employees with transitional coaching if required.
- In collaboration with the Remuneration Specialist implement the employee value proposition as part of the talent management and development process.
4. Capacity Building
- Responsible for ongoing line manager, recruiter and employee capacity building on the m2m recruitment system (SilverSoft)
- Responsible for ongoing line manager, recruiter and employee training for all the elements of the recruitment process but specifically job description drafting and interviewing skills.
5. Knowledge Sharing and HR Projects
- Update and create employee access to all relevant HR documents on the HR SharePoint TeamSite or other portals as needed to promote knowledge sharing and institutional knowledge.
- Work with the HR Team to develop and implement identified HR projects as per the work plan and other assigned people projects and HR calendar activities.
- Assist the HR Team with daily operations as and when needed in a business partnering approach.