Talent Partner, Acquisition (International)
Based in: Washington, DC or anywhere that PSI is registered
Reports to: Senior Manager, Talent Partners (International)
Department: Human Resources
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The Senior Talent Partner, Acquisition leads the hiring process for moderately complex recruitments from initial job requisition through the offer stage for proposal, regular and/or temporary roles for both US and International locations. Support and lead moderately complex initiatives to optimize PSI’s approach to talent acquisition and talent management in order to attract, develop and retain a diverse global workforce.
- Lead the life-cycle hiring process for moderately complex recruitments, which includes working closely with hiring managers to develop effective job posts and recruitment strategies, identifying, sourcing, interviewing and evaluating prospective employees, provide hiring managers with hiring recommendations, and determining and delivering salary offers in collaboration with the compensation team.
- Lead one or more moderately complex talent acquisition initiatives focused on improving talent acquisition systems and processes.
- Perform the duties of a HR Business Partner for one or more client groups on an ad hoc basis. Advise on tactics and strategies related to the full talent life cycle including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, change management, learning and development, compensation, and workforce planning.
- Support the enhancement of PSI’s employer brand and candidate pipeline by attending job fairs, contributing to the development of digital and non-digital employment branding materials and working closely with internal clients to identify future talent needs.
- Provide support for knowledge management activities by maintaining compliant recruitment records and may develop specialized or competitive intelligence and research in regards to talent acquisition, deployment, or retention.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field.
- Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of related experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
- Solid knowledge of recruiting best practices and other human resource disciplines including, but not limited to employee development, change management, recruitment, branding, compensation practices, employee relations, compliance, performance management, and domestic (US) and international employment law.
- Solid knowledge of donor regulations that impact HR policies, procedures and programs preferred.
- Excellent customer service, relationship building/management and consensus building skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Able to proactively identify opportunities, diagnose problems and develop client-centered and evidence-based solutions.
- Able to translate complex HR policies, processes and recommendations to non-HR professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. French and/or Spanish language skills preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them. Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect. Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve. Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed. Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt. Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.