Main purpose of role:
Reporting to the EC Business Development Director, the role will lead a small team of programme resourcers in supporting the driving of new business opportunities and winning work. As The successful candidate will lead in the proposals’ team design, sourcing those that will be implementing the projects and selecting those involved in delivery in this exciting portfolio. They will work closely with DAI’s technical experts to ensure that the highest quality consultants and subject matter experts are brought on board, to assist DAI in ensuring the best are hired.
Key tasks and duties:
- Collaborate with the EC proposal team to ensure that the highest quality team can be assembled for complex programmes in fragile states.
- To lead the sourcing of experts in Governance, Security & Justice, Conflict Prevention, Stabilisation & Peacebuilding, Economic Growth, Agriculture, Land reform and administration, Climate change and Environment, and Livelihoods.
- Analyse the proposal/projects key outcomes and outputs in order to quickly respond and engage in terms of skills and personnel required for the implementation teams
- Build on DAI’s extensive network and get “under the skin” of projects happening in the regions and technical areas that EC will be focused on.
- Source appropriate Key Experts through internal and external networks, industry events, DAI’s internal expert database and online media such as LinkedIn.
- Engage, develop and build networks and relationships with consultants for both long term and short term assignments across all priority countries and those with experience with the EC, European Investment Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and other European donors.
- Lead internal team projects ensuring the EC hiring function is operating at its most efficient, and to continually look to improve the recruitment function.
- Manage, coach and assist with the workload of the Associate Recruiters, liaising, asrequired with the Recruitment Manager (HMG team) and the EC BD Director.
- Lead and conduct interviews to assess necessary skills against project requirements.
- Lead in development/editing of candidate CVs and obtaining supporting bid documents.
- Follow up on reference checks on all selected candidates as set out by DAI Vetting Policies.
- Develop an understanding of country employment legislation and where appropriate enforcing regulations with managers.
- Provide regular and timely updates to the EC BD Directors on all recruitment activity.
- Perform other recruitment tasks as directed by the Business Development Directors.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Substantial relevant work experience, possibly as a Recruiter/Associate Recruiter, or within a project/proposal management role working for profit or non-profit organisations.
- Have previous experience recruiting for the EC or other EU Government institutions.
- Client focused with an attitude to maintain high standards in the delivery of their work and pride whilst showing a high aptitude for setting, managing and delivering against business expectations.
- Possess a very keen eye for detail to ensure CVs and confirmation documents are correct to the standard of the EC’s Practical Guide (PRAG)
- An excellent command of the use of online platforms as sourcing tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent interviewing skills, some experience in salary negotiation and networking (internal and external).
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask, often with inflexible deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Previous experience of using recruitment systems/databases.
- Fluent in both verbal and written English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (preferably in Recruitment/HR or International Development/Relations) or equivalent.
- Part-qualified or in the process of qualifying for REC or CIPD – or equivalent HR qualifications.
- Experience of managing a small team
- International development experience
- Additional language skills preferably French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish.
The salary offered for the Talent Acquisition Manager will be commensurate with relevant experience.
DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance & income protection.
Please quote any salary expectations as a gross annual salary in GBP.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is end of November 2019. Interviews will be held progressively.