About the role: This is a 24 month, replacement role with unaccompanied terms based in Goma with a salary of €43,230 to €48,034 and benefits.
You will report to the Country Director and will line manage the HR Manager, Logistics and IT Manager and work closely with the Area Coordinators (AC), Programmes Director (PD) and Country Financial Controller (CFC).
We would like you to start on 1st July 2019.
The Systems Director is a member of the DRC Senior Management Team and will contribute to the implementation of the Country Strategic Plan. The post holder will ensure that Concern’s systems effectively and efficiently deliver support services to enable programmatic objectives to be achieved. This will entail management of the following departments; Information Technology, Human Resources, Logistics, Transport and Administration. The System s Director also fulfils the role of organizational security focal person and represents Concern in relevant external forums.
You will be responsible for:
Logistics, transport and administration:
- Ensuring efficient procurement of goods and services (local and international) in a transparent and accountable manner, ensuring value for money and compliance with donor requirements.
- Supporting the team in rolling out the Logistics Manual, including training and follow-on support.
- Supervising fleet management across the country, including monitoring of transport reports and vehicles maintenance plans.
- Overseeing the management of properties and contracts across the country programme.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant DRC legislation in all contractual, financial, labour and taxation matters.
- Liaising with contracted lawyers to ensure legal actions or court cases are dealt with promptly and efficiently.Security Management
- Acting as Security Focal Point for Concern DRC and liaising with Security Focal points from each field office, UN Security Officers and other NGO security personnel and coordination mechanisms.
- Supporting and strengthening capacity of Security Focal Groups in each location and ensuring they have the requisite knowledge and skills to operate successfully.
- Coordinating the review and updating of the Concern DRC’s Security Management Plan.
- Monitoring implementation of security operational plans and strategies and ensuring all new staff receive thorough security briefings.
- Financial Management
- Ensuring adherence to Concern’s Finance policy and procedures, promoting transparency and accountability, and incorporating best practices in resource management.
- Ensuring consistent and realistic budgeting and management of resources by the systems departments and support programmes in planning and management of resources.
- In collaboration with the CD, elaborate a unified report to monitor progress towards audit and support visit recommendations.
- Ensuring all new partners are adequately assessed in line with Concern’s policies and review partnership arrangements and procedures on an annual basis.
- Resources Management
- Ensuring Concern DRC’s Human Resource policy and procedures are kept updated, incorporating best HR practice, in line with Concern’s organizational policy and following DRC labour legislation.
- Ensuring effective performance development through the use of the Performance Development Review system for direct reports, and in supporting teams in its use across the country programme.
- Providing support and supervision to teams regarding the use of complaints mechanisms and grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Leading any salary and benefit review processes and managing the Health Insurance provision for National Staff.
- Working with HR Manager on the annual staff training plan, ensuring the inclusion of training needs identified in PDRs.
- Information Technology:
- Ensuring Concern’s IT policy and procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Through the IT officer, ensuring the provision of effective support systems, enabling the smooth operation of IT systems.
- Developing staff capacity to operate and manage IT systems in all offices.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Country Director
- Contribute to organisational accountability initiatives
- Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Concern’s Programme Participant Protection Policy and Code of Conduct (P4 and CofC), including the respect of confidentiality.
Your skills and experience will include:
- BA/BSC in a relevant subject (e.g. Business Administration, Human Resources, supply chain management or any other relevant disciplines )
- At least 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in a senior position within an international development organisation/NGO.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience of implementing Finance, Administration, Logistics, Human Resources and IT systems within the not for profit sector.
- Experience of managing a large team of senior staff.
- Experience in dealing with local authorities, national and international NGO’s /UN bodies.
- Experience in security management and working/living in insecure and sensitive environments.
- Empathy with Concern’s vision, mission, goal and objectives and commitment to gender equality.
- Excellent English skills (both written and spoken) and a good level of written and spoken French.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- Knowledge of Concern Worldwide policies, procedures and standards.
We would also like:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to act as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Ability to represent the organization
- Ability to cope with stress, work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Good knowledge and competence of computer applications i.e. Microsoft Office Professional