The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Support CF Foundation in its implementation, support and on-going improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) systems and processes. Candidates will serve as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for issues arising with ITSM systems. Primary responsibilities include evaluating, defining, designing, configuring and supporting systems to achieve business goals. Candidate will also work with all staff and management to support and assess existing processes, develop and implement process improvements, and provide training in the use of tools and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the entire life cycle of implementation and ongoing enhancement of the new ITSM tool.
- Collaborate with business users to identify, define, translate and document their business requirements to technical requirements and actionable tasks.
- Evaluate options, recommend best solutions and modify system(s) to meet technical and business needs.
- Develop complex workflows, automations, dashboards and reports.
- Develop test plans/use cases and execute QA and software upgrade testing.
- Assess existing systems and recommend technical improvements.
- Answer, troubleshoot, and address software application issues.
- Leverage training opportunities and resources to become subject matter expert on ITSM tools.
- Stay up-to-date with technology changes and releases in order to provide technically accurate solutions.
- Provide user support including application and process training.
- Assist with process improvement efforts, including process assessment and analysis, process documentation and training.
- Maintain project management and operations documentation that promotes and demonstrates sound technology management practices, including updated operations manual, knowledge base, user support guides, training materials configuration control, project schedule, risk log, and other appropriate information that is relevant, pragmatic, and tailored to the size, complexity, and activity.
- Act as the liaison between business users and internal/external IT resources.
- Develop and foster trusted relationships with business users, team members and external resources/vendors.
- Adapt within a fast-paced environment and display flexibility to adjust goals and priorities to generate on-time and high-quality deliverables that meet requirements.
- Serve as change agent and advocate of new processes and tool. Lead with example by complying with new processes.
- Flexible work schedule; some work must be performed during non-working hours (e.g., outside 9:00a – 5:00p work day) to respond to emergency incidents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A degree in Computers Science, Information Technology or related field. Masters a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience as a system analyst or providing operational support for an IT organization.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting ITSM systems or implementing ITIL Core processes (Incident, Request Fulfillment, Change, and Problem Management)
- ITIL Foundations Certified preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Hands on experience with software development, configuration and documentation.
- Experience participating in business/system integration efforts
- Knowledge of QA and UAT processes
- Experience implementing custom and vendor written applications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to explain technical details.
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Solid writing skills, and superb spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of T-SQL
- Strong work ethic.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.