Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF’s Survey Research Practice works regularly with federal and state government, nonprofit, for-profit, and academic clients such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Cancer Institute, the National Science Foundation, the Internal Revenue Service, multiple state and city health departments, and multiple health nonprofits. ICF is currently seeking a Project Manager to work in its Survey Research practice in our Rockville, MD office. We are looking for a project manager with a strong interest in survey methodology, data management or statistics.
Safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, currently employees who can work from home are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and management.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of one or more concurrent projects.
- Serve as the key point of contact for clients, providing excellent service, managing expectations, and producing high quality products.
- Prepare project plans, cost, schedule, and performance metrics using effective project management processes and frameworks.
- Create and track project budgets.
- Identify and coordinate with outside subcontractors, vendors, and internal collaborators.
- Proactively manage a team of cross-matrixed professionals, ensuring smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
- Contribute methodological or technical guidance in support of web, mail, telephone, in-person, and other data collection and data management activities.
- Develop project quality assurance protocols, and ensure quality for all data, reports, and presentations.
- Communicate effectively in writing—proposals, analytic reports, issue papers, briefings, and formal and informal email correspondence.
- Continuously assess and make recommendations to address any barriers or obstacles to achieving project goals.
- Update leadership on progress as directed and on regular reporting cycles.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff to define goals, identify opportunities for growth and support development in their careers.
- Actively participate in business development activities—creating innovative approaches to complex studies, managing the proposal process, and writing proposal sections.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus (social sciences, math, or statistics preferred).
- 8 years of applied experience in project management or survey project management experience including coordinating teams and tasks, tracking completion of activities, managing schedules, monitoring project budget, and ensuring the quality of work products.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience using statistical software, such as SAS, SPSS, or R.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Understanding of public health and/or the federal marketplace.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to develop and cultivate strong client relationships. Demonstrate customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as a team member are a must.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Use of videoconferencing or collaborative software.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)