*This is a PATH’s Internal (Employee Only) opportunity*
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a consortium of partners in the implementation of the recently awarded USAID End Malaria Program (EMP). This is a 5-year Cooperative Agreement. In partnership with Jhpiego and the Zambia Centre for Communication Programs (ZCCP), guided by the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan and in collaboration with the End Malaria Council (EMC), the End Malaria Program (EMP) will build on the PATH learning and momentum achieved as the lead for PMI’s Program for Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO). In line with PMI’s strategy, the EMP will assist the GRZ to accelerate progress toward its goal of eliminating local malaria infection and disease in Zambia by achieving high levels of effective coverage with high-quality malaria control interventions, leading to major reductions in malaria prevalence, incidence, severe disease, and death in four focal high-burden provinces: Luapula, Northern, Muchinga, and Eastern.
PATH now seeks to recruit an experienced Surveillance Officer to work on the EMP project in Zambia. The Surveillance Officer will work in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health officials at the provincial, district, facility, and community level to implement an enhanced malaria surveillance platform in support of national and regionally focused malaria elimination efforts. The Surveillance Officer will also work with other program officers to provide general support to the provincial and district health office (PHO and DHO) staff, as requested. The officer will be based in either Chipata, Katete, Chinsali, Kasama, or Mansa District.
- Support implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan and results framework in collaboration with Lusaka based EMP M&E staff
- Work with relevant Provincial health office (PHO) staff to ensure timely compilation and reporting of HMIS and project data through routine analysis and supervision.
- Work with relevant PHO officials to conduct training and provide regular capacity building in areas related to data collection and submission
- Collaborate with provincial and district health information staff to process and utilize malaria data.
- Work with the NMEC, PHO representatives, and PATH staff to ensure appropriate software and hardware required for the malaria pre-elimination program is in place
- Monitor weekly and monthly data reporting to ensure high quality of malaria data collection and reporting.
- Work with a web-based server to keep client information updated
- Provide technical support to mobile client operators in areas related to data collecting, analysis, implementation, hardware operation, and troubleshooting.
- Work with PATH finance and administrative staff to develop training budgets, manage workshop logistics, and ensure activities comply with PATH accounting practices.
- Support district implementation of malaria data review meetings and data quality audits for districts, health facilities, and community health workers
- Work with EMP SBC Officers to ensure that EMP subcontracted civil society organizations are oriented on key M&E elements for performance tracking.
- Support the Provincial Coordinator in producing regular work plans and reports.
- Other duties as required.