Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council / Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
In Myanmar, DRC has been present since 2009, and since June 2012 broadened its presence via the Danish Demining Group (DDG) – DRC’s division for Mine Action.
DRC/DDG is currently engaged in responses in Rakhine, Kachin, Kayah and Northern Shan states. Our response targets displaced and displacement affected communities and other vulnerable communities in some of the most deprived areas of Myanmar. Key activities include protection (including Child Protection, GBV and Protection Monitoring), CCCM, WASH, Livelihoods, shelter and mine action.
Overall purpose of the role
- Ensure full compliance with DRC’s operations handbook on finance, administration and HR.
- Oversee and manage the finance, administration, and HR departments.
- Ensure effective budgetary control, and adherence to DRC and donor policies and procedures.
Geographic scope: Base (Myitkyina)
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at base level. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
- Line manage Finance, Logistics and Administrative staff in Myitkyina, in close coordination with Bhamo Support Services team leader for standardization of procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance of a Master Budget
- Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation
- Oversee efficient Human Resource management of both DRC contracted employees and incentive-based workers
- Prepare programme and support budgets in collaboration with relevant program managers
- Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC internal policies and procedures as well as local law regulations
- Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial obligations and minimum requirements
- Oversee staff training and promotion
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
- Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
- Initiating the hiring and firing of employees and conducting performance appraisals are permitted at this level, but are closely overseen by the next-level manager.
Reports to: Area Manager – Kachin
Roles reporting to this position: Support Services staff
Required experience and competencies
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a similar level
- Sound knowledge on cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures of INGOs
- Experience of working with DRC’s main donors (UN Agencies, ECHO, USAid, DFAT, SDC)
- Full professional proficiency in English
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close June 28, 2019.
Please note that the applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis as they come in, meaning a candidate may be identified before closing date of applications