We are looking for a highly qualified Support Coordinator for our program in Kahramanmaras -Turkey to Provides general management and leadership for all support functions at the field level
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
The Support Coordinator will proactively and informatively communicates and coordinates the support functions with DRC staff in field office.
Serves as field-level intermediary between DRC and local authorities and other pertinent stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee management, supervision and training of all aspects of operations (log & procurement, administration, HR, finance) in the field office, and compliance with DRC and donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner for all transactions.
- Oversee Cash Counts on a periodic basis and ensure cash at hand is reconciled with book balance.
- Ensure bi-weekly reporting of cashbooks to Country office is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all transactions paid have complete supporting documents per requirement of DRC and donor regulations.
- Ensure that procurement is completed, documented, and delivered to end-user in a timely manner, ensuring that items procured meet the specifications of the end-user while adhering to donor and DRC procurement guidelines.
- Ensure all aspects of asset management including maintenance of asset register and investigation of missing assets.
- Supervise the management and maintenance of vehicle fleet, office facilities, and equipment, including power supply and Internet.
- Oversee database and paper file management for finance and operations; ensure files are complete and in compliance with DRC and donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with DRC Country office and other field offices on travel and logistics support as required.
- Support program start-up through the administration of support teams across various field locations.
- Create and maintain operations systems to ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and DRC policies and procedures.
- Reports back to the Area Manager on the support functions in the field office through weekly and monthly meetings.
- Assists the Area Manager in the preparation of the monthly management meeting.
- Undertakes other activities as requested by Area Manager and Head of Operations.
Liaison / representation
- Support and facilitate the communication and coordination of DRC activities by serving as an official go between for DRC senior management staff and local and central authorities and/or relevant stakeholders
- Support strategic partnership with local partners by facilitating coordination, monitoring and reporting in any collaboration.
- Assisting the programme teams to implement their activities by liaising and coordinating with local authorities, and other appropriate national authorities on all matters relating to DRC staff, activities and operational structures.
- Support the smooth running of the activities through maintaining a constructive and inclusive relationship with concerned authorities, partners, and other agencies
- Establish or reinforce relations with the representatives of the different administrative services
- Keep Area Manager informed of any changes in the administrative procedures for obtaining documents.
- Maintain strong lines of communication and information sharing between field office and the area and country liaison focal point.
- Meet with the representatives of the different administrative services as often as necessary to obtain documents or solve problems.
- Maintain and develop day-to-day contacts with key authorities and ensure the prompt sharing of information, conclusions or messages
- Monitor the evolving situation in the area of DRC/DDG operations in coordination with other actors (e.g. NGOs/INGOs, UN agencies, national/local authorities and civil society entities) as per regional, country and programme guidelines.
- Facilitate access and operations through the provision of reliable advice to staff and managers.
- Draft reports and briefings related to DRC activities in Turkey to be submitted to local authorities.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Ensure coordination and communication between support functions and programme teams.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country safety team.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Follow up any developments/changes in regards to the security situation.
- Liaise with the Safety team and Area Manager on any degradation in security situation.
To be successful in this role you must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in international human rights, law, sociology, social work, or other relevant field
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A B.Sc. or Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant operations management experience.
- Sound understanding procurement, administration, and logistics management systems
- Working knowledge of financial systems.
- Understanding of programming and associated support requirements.
- Commitment to local capacity building and team coordination.
- Experience working with government and INGOs; familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of UN agencies, and other NGOs.
- Good organizational and management skills and the ability to anticipate project needs.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment, and lead a diverse group of national staff.
- Must be able to strategically advise staff on program and office activities and security issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Fluent English and Turkish. Arabic a plus.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, speaking, and writing skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing
- Must be able to solve complex problems independently
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour
Flexible with travelling to Ankara and other duty stations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant 12 Months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 01 January 2018 and be willing and able to work in Kahramanmaras.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 28 October 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 3 weeks after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website http://www.drc.ngo