We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Supply Chain Technical Advisor and Writer
Department/Location: Business Development
Technical Point of Contact: Business Development Manager
IBTCI is seeking a consultant to provide technical advisory services to support IBTCI’s capture efforts for USAID’s Next Generational Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs, with a focus about global and local risks. The period of performance is expected to be December 2020 – May 2021.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to design strategies for monitoring and safeguarding against risks to USAID-funded supply chains for health products.
- Supporting IBTCI’s research and understanding of health supply chain programs in international development.
- Develop an overarching framework for identifying and mitigating recurring and locationally-specific risks of fraud, loss and delayed transportation and extended stock-outs.
- Provide recommendations about how IBTCI could strategically positioning itself as a global industry leader in supply chain program with a focus on global tracking, accounting, dashboards, and field level verification.
- Help draft original winning language for IBTCI’s health supply chain proposals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support IBTCI Business Development.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision-making authority on final work products.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience preparing USAID funded proposals.
- Minimum nine (9) years’ experience in designing, implementing, and/or managing supply chain programs or projects in the health sector, with at least two years’ experience supporting supply chain programs or projects in international or resource challenged settings.
- Preferably a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or recognized supply chain professional body and/or Post Graduate diploma in SCM
- Proven writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Proven technical writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Experience working with USAID and other international development donors.
Education: Degree in Public Health, MBA, logistics, transportation, International Health, Business Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel is not required.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).