Job title: Supply Chain Officer
Employment category: Band H
Reporting to: Base Manager
Technical Reports: Supply chain Team Leader
Unit/department: Supply Chain
Location: Mocha- with visits to Khokha.
Authorization level: As per IDRA
Overall purpose of the role
• Responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to the base and programs.
Geographic scope: Area (South Yemen)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Under the direct supervision of Supply chain team leader supply chain officer will do the following tasks but not limited to:
Support and administration
• Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
• Effective and efficient support to base and program needs.
• Develop and maintain relevant data base.
• Weekly and monthly status reports
• Coordination of programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
• Procurement of all goods and services
• Establish and follow up annual procurement plans
• Track all orders, purchases and deliveries
• Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected
• Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC’s interests are protected
• Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
• Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
• Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
DRC Dynamics ERP System
• Assist in ensuring proper training and application of ERP-DRC Dynamics supply chain processes are conducted in Yemen
• Apply reports and data analytics from ERP-DRC Dynamics supply chain system to inform and improve supply chain performance
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
• At least 2 years’ experience in relevant field.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management
• Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
• Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Find the definition of DRC’s Core competencies here
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
¨Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
¨Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
¨Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
|Closing date:||October 5, 2019|