Supply Chain Intern:
Program Background Summary: Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is five years USAID funded project starting June 2013 with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of at least 1.3 million children in grade one and two. The goal will be supported by three interrelated components including improved classroom learning environment for reading, improve policies and systems for reading and community based support for reading in Pakistan. The anticipated results include 23,800 teachers in 23,800 public schools with improved skills in teaching reading, 3,649 scholarships for ADE and B.Ed (Hons) students, mobile bus libraries reaching out to 300 communities.
The Supply Chain Officer is an integral member of the Supply Chain team and of the field office leadership, and reports to the Supply Chain Manager. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support at the field office level, in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include procurement, transport, inventory, and asset management.
Specific responsibilities include,
- Assist Supply Chain with filing, tagging.
- Assistance to Supply Chain Officer for Scanning Procurement files and updating the record.
- Assist with data entry and verification of soft data of Procurement Files.
- Assist SCO to verify information from Government Colleges and institutions.
- Assist SCO to update staff/custodian records.
- Photocopying procurement cases before submitting these to finance.
- Scanning Documents.
- Assistance in Assets and inventory record updating.
- Perform other duties, as and when requested.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Manager/ SC Coordinator
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: N/A
Education: Graduation at least, preferably Business Administration.
Work Experiences: At least six month; interest in Supply chain is preferred
- Proven ability to organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace.
- Diplomatic and strong acumen in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution
Language and Computer Skills:
Written and spoken fluency in Urdu & English required
Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required