inSupply is searching for a Supply Chain Advisor, based in Nairobi, with willingness to travel in the region. The candidate will serve as a supply chain thought leader and effective implementer, manage teams and a variety of client and partner relationships, generate new business for the organization, and provide management and administrative support as required. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the inSupply Health CEO. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team oriented with a demonstrated ability to build relationships and partnerships, and who seeks robust, creative solutions to problems. S/he has a strong background in supply chains, an affinity for data and analytics, and places users at the center of designed solutions.
- Work independently to produce quality deliverables, manage workplans, teams and clients, serving in a variety of roles as required by new and existing projects. Roles may vary widely and range from strongly technical to coordination and management. Advisors may play multiple roles simultaneously depending on inSupplyâ€™s project portfolio and needs
- Exemplify and model the inSupply brand, including demonstrating characteristics such as innovative thinking, technical leadership and excellence, operational effectiveness, proactive communication, sound decision making and judgement and accountability and professionalism.
- Work collaboratively, influence and build relationships with clients and partners, including government institutions, non-governmental organizations, donors, and others to articulate their supply chain problems, collaboratively develop solutions and approaches for their implementation, execute activities, and monitor performance.
- Implement IMPACT team models and frameworks (data-driven, people-centered frameworks) that can serve to drive the supply chain improvement approach which underlies the inSupply brand and approach in Kenya, Tanzania and other countries regionally, and to improve health supply chain outcomes globally.
- Play a lead role in developing and implementing supply chain solutions, improvement plans and in completing deliverables (e.g., data analysis, data use, dashboard development, tool development, technical reports, technical assistance reports, progress reports) as necessary. Monitor and ensure accountability for timely completion of deliverables.
- Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with team members on progress of activities for which the Supply Chain Advisor is responsible. This includes updating the project director and any other project staff involved in the activity, writing reports, developing mechanisms for efficient but effective updates
- As feasible, adopt and cultivate a work culture to foster innovation and continuous improvement, including integrating HCD and QI approaches to test and refine existing tools, methodologies and strategies to guide our supply chain strengthening and improvement efforts
- Participate in shaping the project monitoring approach using existing data and processes, and adding new ideas, to ensure completion of the expected deliverables.
- Provide mentorship and coaching of interns, fellows and junior staff
- Develop SOPs, curriculum and lead and/or facilitate trainings to build capacity of others in various aspects of the supply chain
- Participate in and lead new business development opportunities, which include marketing of inSupply Health to expand our client portfolio, generating demand for our services, developing content for pitches, concept notes and proposals
- Proactively identify opportunities for relevant regional partnerships, technical assistance and funding
- Serve as a representative of inSupply, including participation in working groups. Give and attend debriefings, seminars and conferences as a representative; report on key information to other project staff members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel within the country of posting and the region to guide and support implementation of the project objectives.
- A Pharmacist with a Masterâ€™s degree and three or more years of technical experience in global health, or development.
- Specific expertise in health supply chain management, pharmaceutical management, support to family planning, Immunization programs, and quantification is highly desirable.
- Experience building relationships with Ministry of Health in Kenya required; experience building partnerships highly desirable. Experience working in counties or other countries in the region highly desirable.
- Experience with international donor community, including bilateral and multilateral donor agencies and private foundations.
- A proven ability to work as a part of a team but be self-managing of own time and results, and to be a proactive and clear communicator. Strong preference for a candidate able to work with diverse teams and is a team player, can take initiative, be flexible, adaptable, creative, and demonstrates technical leadership.
- Experience with mining, analysis, interpretation and presentation and visualization of data desirable.
- Excellent and proactive oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills (both analytical and problem solving) and the ability to distill complex ideas into simple language.
- Ability to travel 40%-50% time, in Kenya, regionally, and internationally.
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, specifically MSWord, Excel, Access, Vizio, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and skills with using excel for analysis, statistical software and/or data visualization software highly desirable.
- Fluent in English, with proficiency in French highly desirable
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. inSupply offers excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21, 2019
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 06/21/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.