- A credit intervention, ideally in which the connection cost is amortized into the electricity bill – terms of credit such as loan term and interest rate may be varied;
- An intervention to reduce the administrative burden of connecting to the grid.
The period of performance for this project is anticipated to last 15 months.
SI is seeking a Supervisory Economist consultant to serve as Team Leader of this RCT. S/He will lead the overall RCT, ensure quality throughout implementation, and oversee the team. This is limited to an expatriate position, and is a consulting assignment, with intermittent work over the period of performance.
- Lead the design of the field experiment following economic theory.
- Lead the survey question design.
- Coordinate with implementing partners such as MCC, SONABEL, and the Ministry of Energy.
- Coordinate the timely submission of deliverables to the client.
- Supervise the team of expat and local national consultants to include the Data Manager, Field Work Manager, and Electricity Connection Experts.
- Oversee and ensure quality of local data collection firm.
- Provide regular updates and liaise on behalf of the project team to SI, MCC and the government of Burkina Faso (GOBF).
- Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy or other related field required. PhD in Economics preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in international development, data collection and economic analysis with significant experience in field experiments.
- Prior experience with randomized control trials (RCTs) and computer-assisted personal interviewing methods (CAPI).
- Experience with data cleaning and analysis using Stata or another similar platform.
- Experience with firm and household surveys.
- Experience in the energy sector and/or with RCTs in Burkina Faso preferred.
- Proven ability to manage teams and liaise effectively with implanting partners.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.