Main purpose of role: DAI Capital, a new business unit of the global development consulting firm DAI, is seeking a summer associate. DAI Capital develops assets, provides advisory services, and develops alternative vehicles, mobilizing commercial investment in frontier markets. The summer associate will support both M&A and corporate venturing work.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Investigate potential M&A targets and develop approach
- Support team in developing investment case and deal memo
- Conduct due diligence and valuation analyses
- Support deal structuring and execution
- Maintain and monitor corporate venturing and corporate venture capital pipeline
- Conduct feasibility and due diligence analyses of prospective venture opportunities
- Support Entrepreneurs-in-Residence to develop their business plans by:
- Conducting market research
- Developing appropriate partnerships
- Recruiting key team members
- Building financial models
- Drafting investment summaries and investment memoranda
- Supporting outreach to prospective investors
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience with venture capital or a rapidly growing company
- Experience with discounted cash flow, three statement financial modelling
- Exposure to market research and business planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team when necessary
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- M.B.A. or equivalent preferred
- Exposure to blended finance or impact investment is helpful but not required
- Experience working in or on frontier markets is helpful but not required
The salary offered for the Summer Associate position will be the pro-rated equivalent of circa £50,000 gross per annum – commensurate with experience.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of creating a new force in the world of frontier market finance, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is 31st May 2019.