The purpose of this task order for USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning, Office of Learning, Evaluation and Research (PPL/LER) under the EVAL-ME II IDIQ is to conduct six (6) mixed-methods final evaluations of the development food security activities (DFSA) for the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The information and knowledge generated through these final evaluations, which will take place during 2021 and 2020, will be used to measure the performance of the current BHA investments in Ethiopia and Uganda, allow USAID and its partners to design and modify existing activities, and help inform future BHA policy.
SI is seeking Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for the four final evaluations of the Ethiopia DFSA funded by BHA. SMEs should have expertise in carrying out evaluation of the following technical areas: Agriculture, Food Security/Insecurity, Resilience and Livelihoods, Nutrition, and Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI). This position will have an estimated LOE of 45 days per evaluation.
- Serves as the technical expert in required areas and provides input during the evaluation design and implementation.
- Contributes to the development of the Inception and Evaluation Protocol Reports.
- Assists the Team Lead in data collection and analysis for specific questions within area of expertise.
- Adheres to protocol and ensures quality of data collected for their subject matter area.
- Assists Team Lead in drafting and finalizing relevant sections of evaluation reports.
- At least six (6) years of evaluation experience with a postgraduate degree in Agriculture/Nutrition/Water Resources/Economic/Food Security, or a subject matter related to a technical or cross-cutting sector of the project to be evaluated, e.g., Gender Specialist, or more than 10 years of hands-on experience should the SME not possess a postgraduate degree in one of the areas stated above.
- Substantial experience in evaluating social and behavior change.
- Field experience with the implementation of interventions in developing countries similar to those implemented by the project.
- Experience with and demonstrated capacity to evaluate well established internationally acceptable approaches, like farmer field schools, mother’s group approach, and village savings and loan groups.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.