Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginina (http://tetratechintdev.com), is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the anticipated role of Subcontracts Manager (SM) with experience managing USAID contracts for the USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Partnerships and Learning for Sustainability (WASHPaLS). WASHPaLS is a five-year activity (2016-2021) under the Water and Development Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract.
The Subcontracts Manager (SM) is responsible for supporting program implementation through subcontracts. S/he supports the Project Director (PD) and coordinates with other project team members including the Deputy Project Director and the Technical Operations and Finance Manager. The SM will also serve as a liaison between the project office and the home office on issues related to subcontracts, in coordination with the Deputy Project Manager, Project Manager, and Contracts, Grants and Procurement Manager. The Subcontracts Manager will also lead activity tracking for specific activities, such as the Expanded Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) Action Research. Please note that this hire is contingent upon USAID approval.
The position will be based in Arlington, Virginia.
* Negotiate, prepare, and administer subcontracts and letters of authorization and modifications to WASHPaLS subcontractors with oversight and approval from the CGP Manager and Project Director.
* Track subcontract spending and review their invoices.
*Stay abreast of USG rules and regulations applicable to the management of contract and procurement (FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR);
* Complementary support and expertise as deemed appropriate and necessary;
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field, particularly business administration, international relations, law, finance, etc.; Master’s degree preferred;
* At least 4 years of experience in a similar role, responsible for contracts, grants and/or procurement on USAID or other international donor-funded programs;
* High proficiency in USG rules and regulations (FAR & AIDAR);
* Long-term contracts and grants field experience highly desired;
* Excellent track record of facilitating solutions to project challenges;
* Exceptional interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with internal and external clients;
* Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail;
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
* Financial and budgeting experience and experience working with audits desirable;
* High proficiency in MS Office suite and databases; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* Letter of motivation explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.