Based in Abuja, Nigeria
No international travel required
Reports to Director Admin and Finance
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
Population Services International/Nigeria (PSI/Nigeria) is a charitable non-governmental organization registered in 2017. PSI/Nigeria seeks to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to live healthier lives. Working with the private and public sectors, we use social marketing and behavior change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviors. As a people-oriented organization, PSI/Nigeria prides itself in its highly efficient and very productive workforce. We are an organization guided by egalitarian principles and the concepts of flexibility, creativity and timely responsiveness to the needs of our stakeholders and employees. PSI seeks a Subaward Coordinator to help us actively manage and monitor a portfolio of subawards in Nigeria and ensure financial and contractual compliance.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Review and process subrecipient financial reports against budgets, including validating expenditures through a sampled review of supporting documentation, identifying internal control weaknesses and disallowed or questioned costs, and preparing financial report review checklists and management letters
- Conduct subaward monitoring site visits, and update risk-based subaward monitoring and capacity building plans, on a regular basis
- Implement subaward management tools, templates, methods; and processes developed by PSI’s HQ Grants and Contracts Department
- Collect and file essential subaward documentation (e.g., pre-award assessments, selection & negotiation memos, reports, site visits reports, monitoring plans, financial report review checklists, management letters, important email communications, pre-closeout letters, modifications, etc.)
- Coordinate closely with Program Management and Global Project leads at HQ to confirm documented correlation between subrecipient financial expenditures and subrecipient programmatic reporting
- Liaise with Financial Analysis and Program Management team at HQ to confirm reconciliation of subrecipient actual expenditures compared with advance payments, and clearing of cash balances
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate Degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Business Administration or related file of study
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of subaward management.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing accurate and quality work.
- Ability to work professionally and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Pro-active and be able to manage his/her time well.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be able to legally work in Nigeria.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.