PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with vulnerable populations with the utmost respect and care. We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to vulnerable, key populations, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
We seek to recruit a Study Coordinator for our research team based in Homabay and Kisumu. The Study coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all daily study operations in Homabay and Kisumu, including supervising study personnel, maintaining up-to-date study protocols and approvals, and liaising with key stakeholders, both locally and internationally. He/she will must be self-directed, working with minimal supervision, and must be committed to providing services and care for vulnerable populations, s/he will report to the Study Manager and Principal Investigator. This position will be based in Kisumu.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of the study protocol and tools.
- Training staff at study sites.
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board approvals and renewals are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subject protection.
- Participate in database development and management.
- Coordinate all meetings required for the success of the study.
- Ensure that necessary supplies/materials are in stock for study implementation.
- Serve as the liaison between the study team, the study Principal Investigator (PI) and collaborators.
- Oversight of study implementation at study sites.
- Coordinate and participate in the data analysis and report writing activities.
- Preparation of study research reports.
- Oversight of study advisory board (SAB) and safety monitoring board (SMB).