Based in Washington DC or other location in the US
Up to 10% international travel
Reports to Head, Market Dynamics and Analytics
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Strategy & Insights team champions insight-driven prioritization across PSI, ensuring we are “doing the right things” even as we work on “doing things right.” The team promotes best practice in program design, marketing discipline, research, learning, and strategy development. The team works with other departments to systematically capture, synthesize, and share internal and external evidence, consumer and market insights, competitive market intelligence and program experience to guide global, market level, and program level strategy.
We are looking for Strategy Analyst to help us monitor trends affecting PSI’s global strategy, develop an approach for systematically mapping PSI’s peers and partners, and provide dynamic insights on PSI’s market positioning.
Sound like you? Read on.
Model trends affecting PSI’s global strategy
- Understand global and regional economic, environmental, and social trends affecting donor strategies
- Liaise with PSI experts working across the organization to understand how global trends are affecting and manifesting in PSI’s programming
- Synthesize and communicate findings to highlight potential opportunities and risks to PSI’s Strategy. Contribute recommendations to respond to evolving conditions.
Develop an approach for systematically mapping PSI’s peers and partners providing dynamic insights on PSI’s market positioning
- With department leadership develop a framework for understanding and analyzing the competitor and partner landscape
- Structure a database of PSI’s emerging peers and partners, and develop easily accessible and actionable reports
- Prepare insightful infographics and other presentation materials for PSI senior leadership and Board of Directors
Code PSI’s project portfolio to identify organizational evolution
- Analyze and synthesize insights on the type, scope, and strategic alignment of ‘PSI’s current and projected projects
- Produce insights on PSI’s project portfolio that inform fundraising, overall risk assessment, and resource allocation
- Present insights that address how PSI is “doing the right things”, i.e advancing our strategy at an organizational level
Support department leadership to develop analyses and presentations for PSI’s leadership, the executive team, and Board of Directors
- Use Excel and other tools to analyze key operating data to produce insightful learnings informing PSI’s strategic approach
- Build and articulate a compelling narrative in visual and written format, including PowerPoint presentations
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- At least 3 years of related experience required. Experience in management/strategy consulting or experience in a organizational strategy department at a large corporation preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Economics or a related field required. Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) in business, analytics, or strategy preferred.
- Ability to read, digest, and synthesize data and reports, drawing out the data that will be impactful.
- Ability to quickly grasp key concepts in a new field, analyze data from a variety of sources, and produce well-articulated recommendations.
- Exceptional analytical capacity, including integration of quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Strong English-language written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, including experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel in order to analyze data and communicate findings through infographics and professional presentations.
- A passion for driving strategic change in the interest of improved global health outcomes.
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to produce high-quality work with rapid turnaround.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.