The overall purpose of the position is to support the quality assurance and quality improvement of all the monitoring and evaluation activities of the Angola Country Programme. S/he will assist with all strategic information responsibilities related to the Angola program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will contribute to all efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within Angola. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers, counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring, evaluation, and support coordination with national Management Information Systems (MIS). The position will support key routine assignments such as ensuring site level data quality and management, which include ensuring that site staff are using standard data collection tools, support routine data collection, data entry, data analysis, and data reporting. The SI Officer will be required to understand the entire m2m program in order to easily identify errors and inconsistencies in data. The position will be based at the Country Office in Luanda.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support m2m’s internal quality improvement initiative, Project BIO, as it relates to all aspects of the Angola programme
- Collaborate with site colleagues to ensure that all sites have latest data collection tools i.e. Facility, Community etc.
- Work with Provincial Managers and Site Coordinators to ensure data is entered in real-time from sites.
- Weekly review data to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Generate data reports based on entered data on a periodic basis and as required.
- Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorised members.
- Ensure receipt of all monthly M&E and other reporting forms from all sites
- Support data management in relation to periodic evaluations and operations research
- Update data systems to capture additional information based on project and donor needs.
Data quality monitoring
- Monitor site level data quality using standard checklist.
- Coach and mentor site staff on data quality.
- Participate in routine data compilation, monthly, quarterly and annually whenever necessary.
- Assist in implementation of all M&E activities; development of tools, capacity building, site supervision, data collection and reporting.
- Review data to ensure completeness and accuracy in data entry, follow up on missing data and data reporting forms, and implement data quality controls
- Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI
- Lead project M&E related internal and external reporting
- Work with M&E colleagues to provide relevant data and information required to develop proposals and compile donor reports and head office reports.
- Provide data and information whenever required to document lessons learned and special reports.
- Prepare presentations for donors and Ministry of Health.
- Maintain filling system to ensure secure and organized storage of site reporting forms and other related M&E documents
- Coordinate the supply, production, and distribution of printed M&E tools for all m2m sites in Angola
- Assist the Angola Country Team as required including running reports of data used for programme review and planning.
- Provide relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making
- Assist with training sessions of site staff on data documentation, indicators, monthly data compilation and data quality check techniques.
- Conduct on site supportive supervision visits to identify gaps and challenges faced by site staff and offer onsite training, mentoring and support for improved data collection and management.
- Collaborate with the country team to formulate roll-out plans for new data collection tools.
- Facilitate M&E training components during pre-service training and in-service training
- Strengthen relationship with MOH and other partners at municipal, provincial and national level to ensure access to other alternative data sources.
- Interact with other PEPFAR USAID Implementing partners to share key lessons and good practices for improved data collection and management
- Engage with PEPFAR / USAID M & E teams for improved data management and quality assurance/quality improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned