The overall purpose of the position is to support the quality assurance and quality improvement of all the monitoring and evaluation activities of the Tanzania Country Programme. The position will support key routine assignments such as ensuring site level data quality and management, which include ensuring that site staff are using standard data collection tools, support routine data collection, data entry, data analysis, and data reporting. The SI Assistant will be required to understand the entire m2m programme in order to easily identify errors and inconsistencies in data. The position will be based in Morogoro.
Key Performaance Areas:
- Collaborate with site colleagues to ensure that all sites have latest data collection tools i.e. Facility, Community etc.
- Work with Programme Specialist and Field Coordinators to ensure data is entered in real-time from sites.
- Weekly review data to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Generate data reports based on entered data on a periodic basis and as required.
- Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorised members.
- Ensure receipt of all monthly M&E and other reporting forms from all sites
- Support data management in relation to periodic evaluations and operations research
Data quality monitoring
- Monitor site level data quality using standard checklist.
- Coach and mentor site and partner staff on data quality.
- Participate in routine data compilation, monthly, quarterly and annually whenever necessary.
- Assist in implementation of all M&E activities; development of tools, capacity building, site supervision, data collection and reporting.
- Review data to ensure completeness and accuracy in data entry, follow up on missing data and data reporting forms, and implement data quality controls
- Work with M&E colleagues to provide relevant data and information required to develop proposals and compile donor reports and head office reports.
- Provide data and information whenever required to document lessons learned and special reports.
- Maintain filling system to ensure secure and organized storage of site reporting forms and other related M&E documents
- Coordinate the supply, production, and distribution of printed M&E tools for all m2m sites in Tanzania
- Assist the Tanzania Country Team as required including running reports of data used for programme review and planning.
- Assist with training sessions of site staff on data documentation, indicators, monthly data compilation and data quality check techniques.
- Conduct on site supportive supervision visits to identify gaps and challenges faced by site staff and offer onsite training, mentoring and support for improved data collection and management.
- Collaborate with the country team to formulate roll-out plans for new data collection tools.
- Facilitate M&E training components during pre-service training and in-service training
- Strengthen relationship with MOHCDGEC and other partners at municipal, regional, and national level to ensure access to other alternative data sources.
- Interact with other PEPFAR USAID Implementing partners to share key lessons and good practices for improved data collection and management
- Engage with PEPFAR / USAID M & E teams for improved data management and quality assurance/quality improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned