SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. For more information, please refer to our website: http://www.snvworld.org
Background Of The Project
SNV is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
SNV and its consortium members are currently implementing USAID Isuku Iwacu, a four-year rural sanitation project, which aims to improve access to, and encourage correct and consistent use of, household sanitation and hygiene facilities to decrease childhood stunting. USAID Isuku Iwacu focuses on districtwide, private sector-driven household sanitation and hygiene interventions, it’s supporting an estimated 500,000 people to gain access to improved household sanitation.
SNV is seeking a collaborative, resourceful, integrative thinker, responsible for ideating, developing and executing organizational communications strategies that will inform, engage, influence and inspire key stakeholders and donors, and ultimately advance the organization’s mission, vision and value.
We are looking for a Strategic Communications and Outreach Consultant to be responsible for developing and implementing the program’s communication strategy, which includes preparing a wide range of written materials, presentations, and possibly videos for local and international audiences.
The Strategic Communications and Outreach Consultant leads and advises program teams on broad communication strategies, as well as specific communication opportunities, and assists the program to generate creative, appealing and useful content that can be disseminated through multiple communication channels – including print, online, and video. S/he also produces and edits key communications materials and works to strengthen the communication and networking capacity of all staff. S/he will also be in charge of maintaining USAID Isuku Iwacu’s reporting system, drafting and editing reports to donor, GOR and various stakeholders
· Develop and manage the implementation the project’s communication & outreach strategy and work plan.
· Produce a variety of program materials such as case studies, infographics, photos, success stories, program briefs and simplified research reports.
· Support the senior management to expand and deepen collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders – including the private sector to facilitate partnerships and sharing of key information.
· Enhance program learning by coordinating the program’s learning agenda.
· Compile and edit technical information and data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
· Identify communication opportunities and support technical teams to develop, package and link program messages and publications to support consistent and mutually reinforcing messaging and materials.
· Build relationships to support information sharing through diverse communication channels including internal knowledge management systems and those external to the program; and interpret and report on outreach, including reach, response, and impact.
· Manage and develop the program’s web and social media presence following style guides and using best practices for writing for the web, and search engine optimization.
· Ensure all program publications are branded and disseminated according to the approved branding and marking strategy.
· Oversee contracts with videographers, photographers, graphic artists or other writers.
· Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, International Development, is required.
· A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in the field of public relations and corporate communications, demonstrating increasing responsibilities and knowledge, preferable in international development or a related field.
· Experience with public and/or private donors including a strong demonstrated knowledge of communications and social media strategies for USAID funded projects preferred.
· The successful candidate must be capable of crafting information messages in various media formats (press releases, websites, video, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences. A working knowledge of media relations, publishing and events planning fields.
· Experience with public event management, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, research and analyze pertinent client, industry and technical matters, while utilizing problem-solving skills.
· Proven experience in communicating successfully and effectively in writing (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and verbal formats to audiences in a professional business environment.
· Full proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda required. Fluency in French is an asset
· For this position Rwandan citizenship is required
If you believe your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to directly submit your cover letter and CV (both in English) before 27th December 2019.