Chemonics seeks a strategic communications manager to support an anticipated multi-year fund management and technical assistance programme to be funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). The Jordan Inclusive and Accountable Governance Project (IAGP) is part of the Conflict Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) Jordan: Political and Economic Resilience Programme (PERP). The desired impact of PERP is to mitigate destabilising effects of change by enabling political and economic reform and strengthening resilience. IAGP will focus in strengthening relationship between state and citizens. It will work with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to support their engagement in political processes, and with municipal governments and central ministries to enable greater transparency of government processes and improve their responsiveness to citizen’s needs. IAGP will test innovative approaches for improving transparency and public engagement in national policy decisions. Please note that this role is contingent on award of the programme.
The strategic communications manager will be responsible developing and implementing, in close coordination with the team lead, a communications strategy and activities that drive a high-level narrative of programmatic success and support project implementation. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping people lead healthy lives around the world.
- Develop and implement a project level communications strategy, including leading on stakeholder mapping, social-media analyses, and other strategic communication activities
- Provides support to project communications and outreach activities targeted for Jordanian CSOs, and municipal governments and central ministries
- Produces high-quality reports, press-releases, social media posts, and other communication materials related to project success and activities
- Provides high-quality writing and/or editing services for technical materials throughout the project life cycle, including reports, deliverables, and outreach materials
- Works closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Lead to translate M&E performance data into communication deliverables and narratives of project performance
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders and continually promote outstanding client service and technical leadership
- Bachelors or master’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience, is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in strategic communications planning and implementation on donor funded programmes
- Strong English and Arabic writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to write story-driven content about complex technical subjects
- Experience creating, or overseeing the management of, multimedia products such as video, animation and podcasts
- Experience of developing and implementing digital communication strategies and campaigns across a range of channels (including social media)
- Ability to work under deadline pressure with diverse teams and manage production schedules
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Arabic and English fluency required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached with “Communications Manager – IAGP” in the subject line to email@example.com by September 30, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.