We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Statistician
Technical Point of Contact: Project Director
IBTCI is seeking a statistician to support IBTCI’s effort for the Joint Emergency Operation for Food Assistance in Ethiopia (JEOP). The Joint Emergency Operation (JEOP) program is an emergency food assistance program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The JEOP targets transitory or acute food insecure households through a participant targeting process led by the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) National Disaster Risk Management Commission (NDRMC). JEOP complements emergency needs outlined in the GoE’s Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP).
For the final evaluation CRS seeks to assess the impact and efficiency of JEOP interventions implemented since August 2012, in terms of achieving Strategic Objectives (SOs) and Immediate Results (IRs) and producing unintended results (positive or negative). The evaluation will also assess how the management, implementation and external factors affected results to inform future food security programming.
The level of effort (LOE) anticipated for this assignment is between 30 days, and the period of performance is anticipated to run from August 2021 to July 2022. The position is contingent upon award.
Scope of Work:
- Review background program documents, materials, and deliverables.
- Co-lead development of the formative research design protocols and data analysis plans.
- Support formative research in order to develop country- and sector-specific data collection tools.
- Contribute to data collection and analysis.
- Write SPSS scripts for table creation.
- Calculate sample sizes and weights.
- Prepare sections of the quantitative data reports.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in undertaking and leading quantitative research.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working on international development projects.
- Demonstrated experience with statistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Masters’ degree or higher in a social or behavioral science field or another relevant field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to support formative research in order to develop country- and sector-specific data collection tools.
- Ability to lead data collection design, data collection, and data analysis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position does not require travel.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).