Title: State Program Officer
Internal Title: IN Program Associate
Location: Aizawl, Mizoram
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Our 1,500+ strong team includes scientists, health experts, business leaders, engineers, advocates, and experts from dozens of other specialties. We work in more than 70 countries to transform bold ideas into sustainable solutions that improve health and wellbeing for all, reaching over 150 million people, on average, each year.
Since 1978, PATH has been working with public and private partners in India to develop local solutions, support homegrown innovation, and share our technical expertise. PATH develops, introduces, and scales up cutting-edge technologies and methodologies to tackle existing diseases and emerging health concerns. A few of our many successes in India include finding new methods to deliver nutritious food to schoolchildren, creating and implementing successful public-private partnership models to combat diseases, and expanding access to lifesaving vaccines for new mothers and their infants.
For more: http://www.path.org/india
Objectives of the Assignment
To address the high burden of HIV among high-risk groups, including key populations (KP), through people-centered service delivery, and building on existing efforts while embracing innovation in treatment initiation and continuity, and durable viral load (VL) suppression through catalytic activities is a need. Senior Program Officer – Care Support and Treatment will be responsible for managing treatment interventions and monitor state team’s performance.
Scope of Work
SPO – CST will support the HIV treatment vertical to achieve project objectives and targets by focusing on (but not limited to) achievement of the following results:
- Responsible for managing all treatment interventions at state.
- Work in close coordination with Prevention team to ensure linkage with treatment.
- Ensure highest standards of service quality at all sites (both ARTC and DSD sites).
- Plan additional decentralized refill sites as per needs of the program in the State
- Support in improving the quality of coordination activities at sites
- Provide programmatic support to improve retention in HIV cascade across State in coordination with program officers
- Identify capacity building needs of the site staff and plan appropriate training programs in collaboration with Technical Specialist-CST, based at regional level.
- Act as a focal person for treatment literacy events in the state
- Support SACS to conduct periodical review of sites on key program indicators for follow and corrective actions.
- Oversee the site wise cascade data to identify gaps and work with PATH team and CSOs to address the gaps
- Visit ART Centres and provide hand holding support as needed
- Establish a monitoring mechanism for Program Assistants and Treatment Supporters in coordination with Program Officers
- Coordination with SACS, DAPCU officials and other stakeholders
- Conduct granular site-level program data analysis to review progress and prepare course correction plans
- Ensure data consistency and timely reporting from the intervention sites as required
- Coordinate with other PEPFAR treatment partners for effective implementation of HIV program in the state
- Prepare and submit routine reports (monthly/quarterly) as per the requirements of the state program