PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is seeking for a State Lead – Bihar in order to drive synergies across projects and present a common face to the State Government. PATH has been working in India since 1999 on various systems and service delivery innovations. Among other states, PATH has extensively worked in Uttar Pradesh to improve health indicators across disease areas. Currently, PATH is involved in various disease control programs, including, Neglected Tropical Diseases – Japanese Encephalitis, Visceral Leishmaniasis, Lymphatic Filariasis, and Tuberculosis, and improving Maternal Newborn Child Health, Nutrition, and Family Planning interventions.
Key success factors for this position include executive level maturity that can build 1) Partnerships with Government and other stakeholders 2) Foster Collaboration among various program teams in Bihar to ensure synergies, and 3) Build Bihar State office’s technical credibility and expertise in Global Health. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in identifying, engaging, and developing new revenue streams and in leading business development through engagement with public and private entities. This is a leader who cultivates long-term relationships with a variety of external partners, leveraging those relationships to create new opportunities for PATH with a focus on the state of Bihar.
The person must also be an accomplished leader who can attract and retain top scientific and operational talent and build and inspire high-functioning teams. This role will be responsible for building and maintaining diverse and sustainable donor and program portfolios and for the quality execution of solutions and programs. He or she will represent PATH in the state of Bihar and elevate our standing as the leading NGO in global health innovation in the State.
- Partnering with peers across the organization to ensure programmatic and scientific integrity and programmatic excellence through collaboration.
- Ensuring PATH programs are designed and implemented with state-of-the-art scientific rigor and excellence.
- Anticipating, understanding, and responding to policy trends in Bihar to ensure PATH’s leadership in the innovation and program implementation spaces.
- Connecting and understanding Global & Indian health trends with a focus on Bihar-public health landscape and trends to develop new business streams and to make programmatic decisions.
- Developing and nurturing the scientific and technical development of Bihar state staff to develop the next generation of Public Health leaders.
- Leveraging PATH’s policy and advocacy expertise to inform local programs.
- Implementing and delivering on State strategy that is aligned with PATH’s organizational strategy.
- Identifying, developing, and pursuing new funding streams that align with organizational and country strategies.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Government, Private Sector, Industry Donors, as well as with other NGOs, to execute on PATH’s programmatic objectives.
- Providing oversight and ensuring donor compliance through the Monitoring and Evaluation of all programs in Bihar.
- In conjunction with PATH India Leadership, effectively managing crises and conflicts for the region.
People and Operations Leadership
- Providing leadership to Bihar staff by engaging in effective change management, frequent communication, and fostering professional development.
- Modeling an open and inclusive leadership style by encouraging contributions, feedback, and participation by all employees.
- Modeling accountability and professionalism in all interactions, internally as well as externally.
- Leveraging internal communications to create a collaborative environment within the State program.
- Creating a high-performance culture focused on technical excellence, integrity, and quality.
- Overseeing and ensuring the development and implementation of effective work planning and management systems that result in effective and efficient programs and programs.
- Ensuring that all aspects of Bihar operations comply with PATH policies and local laws.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic travel)