Working Title: State Coordinating Officer (HIV)
Internal Title: IN Program Officer II
Division: India Country Program
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, immunization, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
PATH is currently recruiting for four State Coordinating Officer HIV under the project Sashakt, for coordination with local stakeholders at state/ district level and will be directly managing the field team involved in scaling up of prevention and treatment activities including implementing newer approaches of Project Sashakt in Mumbai.
- Provide support to the implementation of prevention and treatment activities of Project Sashakt through development of an integrated action plan, providing management support and technical guidance in the implementation of the plan.
- Provide management and technical oversight to CSO partners under the Project Sashakt
- Facilitate management support from Project Director, JD TI and JD CST of SACS for the implementation of Project Sashakt activities in government health system and TI programs
- Coordinate with SACS for integrating the Project Sashakt plan in the SACS annual action plan
- Seek management support from SACS for the roll out of newer approaches of Project Sashakt
- Participate in SACS level review and present the progress of Project Sashakt activities
- Coordinate with other government departments such as state TB office, state health and family welfare and social welfare department and develop active referral systems for Hep B & C, Mental health, SRH and social protection schemes
- Develop capacity building plans of the state team, CSO team, CBOs, and field teams by identifying training needs and organizing training programs in coordination with the ITECH regional team.
- Establish a system of micro-planning for the state and track the implementation through routine review with state team
- Provide support in development of quarterly action plans for the project activities in the northeastern states and Mumbai
- Support the state and national teams in the implementation of comprehensive package of services
- Organize routine review meeting of prevention and treatment teams to track progress for achievement of targets of prevention and treatment
- Organize state level quarterly review of Project Sashakt
- State focal point for coordination and liaison between Project Sashakt and other development partners in the state.
- Responsible for all administrative and procurement activities at state level.
- Responsible for reporting and providing periodic updates on the overall progress and achievements under Project Sashakt to PATH India and SACS
- Document best practices implemented by the state teams
- Establish a system of routine monitoring and meetings with the state teams
- To regularly communicate with the National Teams and inform on any emerging issues
- Support the implementation of the monitoring system including micro planning, granular analysis and routine review meetings to track the progress in achieving the State targets
- Participate in review meetings of SACS
- Prepare periodic reports as required for reporting to SACS, NACO, and CDC