Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is seeking to hire a qualified Staffing Manager. This full-time position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
- Serves as a lead recruiter, providing oversight of Home office recruitment and major proposal/project international staffing needs, identifying problem areas and driving problem-solving efforts;
- Partners with hiring managers to develop appropriate staffing strategy and serves as an advisor on Affirmative Action and recruitment best practices;
- Anticipates staffing needs and assumes direct responsibility for sourcing and engaging with high-value key personnel recruits and strategic hires of the home office;
- Directly supervises and mentors department personnel conducting recruitment efforts, assisting them in driving an efficient and compliant staffing process;
- Day-to-day hands-on mentoring in recruitment methods and consultant reconnaissance, marketing/ad sourcing, effective sourcing, effective engagement with and interviewing of candidates, evaluating candidates, reference checking, CV crafting and staffing documents preparation;
- Mentors staff on best practices for liaising with the candidate and Compensation Specialist during the negotiation process to ensure compliance with compensation policy.
- Bachelor’s degree required in International Development or field related to one of the firm’s practice areas, HR, Business, Marketing or Communications; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of five years of experience in staffing for international development;
- Experience staffing USAID, World Bank, and other client-funded projects; knowledge of associated staffing regulations preferred.
- Foreign language proficiency in French is required;
- Supervisory experience managing staff;
- Proven methodology for getting hard to source candidates and identifying local talent in low resources setting through established talent industry networks;
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is a requirement
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.