Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
If the selected candidate is an external hire, the appointment may be extended for a period of up to 3 years per extension, or not renewed. In case of extension, staff may continue in the position for another term of up to 3 years, or be reassigned to any suitable position in ADB.
The same terms and conditions also apply to a selected internal candidate. In addition, if the staff selected has a regular appointment, staff will retain the regular appointment and his/her selection will be considered an assignment for an initial fixed period of 3 years. If the staff selected has a fixed term appointment, his/her appointment will cease, and he/she will be given a new fixed term appointment for an initial term of 3 years.
Fixed-term appointments or assignments are subject to Section 3 of Administrative Order (AO) 2.01 (Recruitment and Appointment) and Section 8 of AO 2.03 (Selection, Talent and Position Management) and its Appendices.
Whether the selected candidate is internal or external, and regardless of the type of appointment, any extension of staff beyond age 60 shall be subject to such terms and conditions determined by ADB, including, where relevant, those provided in Section 10 of AO 2.05 (Termination Policy) and its Appendices.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Staff Development Assistant is assigned in the Division’s Center of Excellence (CoE) for Learning and Development. The incumbent will provide: (1) technical and analytical assistance in conducting and managing in-house staff development programs, and (2) support to Head of CoE Learning and Development. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
- Prepares annual schedule and monthly announcement of in-house training programs; monitors nominations to advise if there are enough participants for training program to be conducted; ensures that all participants are informed of training details; updates participants’ records in the Learning & Development Management System (LDMS); and responds to routine queries relating to training programs and nomination procedures.
- Assists in the preparation, and design of training materials, program advertisements, brochures, presentation, and communication materials in digital format.
- Assists in the conduct of surveys through MS Forms, Survey Monkey, or equivalent online platforms.
- Collates, extracts, and compiles feedback from participants to produce timely and accurate reports and evaluation summaries for review by Program Managers and subsequent communication to the program facilitator(s); prepares statistics on training programs as required.
- Ensures that logistical requirements for in-person and virtual training programs are met by scheduling all works, and coordinating the room and participant logistics, Catalogues and maintains the program materials in training library of Culture and Talent Division (BPCT) for easy retrieval.
- Responds to inquiries from staff relating to staff development policies and programs in a detailed, timely and accurate manner.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned, including providing support to the Head of the Learning and Development CoE, and tasks reflected in the incumbent’s workplan. Backs-up other BPCT staff in their absence as required.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant course related to human resources / learning and development
- At least 5 years experience in a private or public organization comparable to ADB and other international organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint). Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills. Willing to learn Microsoft Publisher
- Familiarity with computer systems used generally in multilateral organizations (e.g. MS Zoom, Teams), able or willing to learn learning management systems..
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for AS4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.