Consultant(s) Scope of Work: Various potential consultancies under PSI’s safe abortion/PAC program and SRH Department
Closing date: Applications accepted on rolling basis
Objective: As part of its vision for scaling consumer powered healthcare, PSI is committed to expanding its sexual and reproductive health (SRH) programming including safe abortion/post-abortion care (PAC). Expansion is envisioned for both the breadth and depth of its SRH work by strengthening technical delivery, internal knowledge management, and external visibility with donors and potential partners.
PSI’s SRH Department is looking to identify multiple short-term consultants for possible engagement as and when needed for short assignments anticipated over the upcoming 12 months.
PSI seeks consultants with expertise in safe abortion, PAC, and SRH to support the following: proposal development, training curricula development, guidance development, and writing for a variety of audiences (both technical and lay readers).
This is a remote consultancy. Consultants will be working primarily with DC-based staff within the SRH Department on both planned activities and on an ad-hoc basis as funding opportunities or program needs emerge.
Consultants will provide services related to PSI’s SRH/safe abortion/PAC programming. Assignments could include, but are not limited to, the following.
Program design, new business development, and external communications
- Contribute to program design for new business development opportunities.
- Contribute to or lead the development of strategic plans/frameworks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead in writing content and managing inputs for new project proposals.
- Advise and support on strategies to reach potential new donors, include helping identify communications outputs or deliver presentations with high visibility and impact among potential donors (individual donors or the donor community at-large).
- Develop and draft compelling external messaging to strengthen PSI’s visibility with potential donors (e.g., website content, newsletters, etc.).
- Expertise in SRH, safe abortion/PAC, and SRH rights field; experience working across high-priority areas such as medication abortion, abortion self-care, accompaniment/companion models, youth, abortion stigma, and digital technology for SRH/safe abortion/PAC preferred.
- Proven record of success and leadership in new business development, fundraising, and program design/strategy for SRH/safe abortion/PAC interventions/projects.
- Excellent English language technical writing and communications, with substantial previous experience developing high-quality proposals (including budgets), concept notes, technical briefs, presentations, etc.
- Experience producing quality written program guidance for SRH/safe abortion/PAC interventions. Ability to use/analyze data in technical writing.
- Experience developing trainings for diverse audiences strongly preferred; clinical expertise is not required, but the ability to work with clinical/technical content is required.
- Strong English writing skills required; professional proficiency in French required for some potential assignments. Proficiency in Spanish a plus for some potential assignments.
Application instructions: Interested applicants should include their CV and current daily rate with their application. Other technical writing samples are encouraged but not required.