The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Work with minimal supervision to perform day-to-day cell bank operations. Mastery of a broad range of cell/tissue culture techniques, including isolation, expansion and cryopreservation of various tissue samples. Expected to have expertise in one or more technologies outside of but related to core cell bank operations. Assist with cell bank audits and distribution of cell material. Document and communicate work clearly and concisely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the planning and implementation of experiments while under guidance of the supervisor.
- Troubleshoot experimental activities and suggest resolution to group leader.
- Analyze data, generate reports and enter experimental data in electronic lab notebook in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present data at internal Lab meetings.
- Select appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments.
- Work with the team to identify key data points and measurements to show the impact.
- Participate in the development of standard procedures in executing experiments, evaluating and documenting results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Life Sciences with a minimum 8 years of laboratory experience. Or, MS with a minimum 2 years in biotech or pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Capable of prioritization and performance of multiple tasks.
- Ensure timely and accurate electronic lab notebook and reports.
- High level of attention to details.
- Experience with MS Office and data analysis/statistical packages desirable.
- Commute to lab every workday – Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Occasional evening and weekend work in the lab.
- Annual/Biannual travel to scientific or technology-focused meetings as necessary.
- Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (not to exceed 30 lbs.) for set-up of lab equipment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.