The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst for its New Delhi Office (NDO). The successful candidate will coordinate, monitor and evaluate research programs. The position will be based in New Delhi, India. The successful candidate will report to the director-South Asia. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in India. Final position title will be based on experience.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Collect and analyze primary and secondary data in the study locations/countries
• Develop survey instrument, organize training programs and supervise data collection
• Prepare draft reports/papers based on the data analysis
• Assist in organizing workshops in study locations/countries and prepare draft reports
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics/Environment Economics, Sustainable Development, Statistics, Agricultural Statistics or a very closely related field plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Environment Economics,Sustainable Development, Statistics, Agricultural Statistics, or a very closely related field.
• At the Research Analyst level, a minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-Masters experience is required.
• Skills in quantitative research methods and data analysis.
• Experience of using STATA software for data analysis.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work independently and with colleagues from diverse culture.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Strong background in econometrics, climate change economics and natural resource management.
• Experience in handling large agricultural and household survey data from developing countries.