The WBG Finance & Accounting (WFA) Vice Presidential Unit is responsible for all aspects of the financial reporting and internal control framework for the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the extensive Trust Fund/Partnership portfolio of these entities. WFA also leads the client shared service function for the WBG corporate expenses and WBG trust funds, and ensures fiduciary responsibility for all disbursements related to Bank operations.
WBG Trust Fund and Loan Operations Department (WFATL) in World Bank Group Finance and Accounting (WFA) provides a number of financial operation activities, notably financial services, compliance, disbursements, accounting, and analytics for IBRD/IDA loans and Trust Funds.
WFATL is seeking a proactive, highly-motivated COE Policy and Training Coordinator to be an integral and active manager of its Community of Expertise (COE).
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 4 year term appointment.
1. Coordinate policy impact and needs analyses from COE subject matter experts (SMEs), and reach out to those that are impacted by policy changes.
2. Update and disseminate internal policies & desk procedures, guidance notes, practice notes, case studies, training materials, etc., based on input from SMEs.
3. Coordinate WFATL response to draft policy papers (with OPCS and LEG) and the Framework Agreement, based on input from SMEs.
4. Engage stakeholders to discuss specific proposals to change Bank Policies.
5. Identify, with the client service team, relevant policy and training issues that may be future topics for the COE.
6. Coordinate the collection of WFATL and client’s training requirements from data, interviews, and queries from delivery teams.
7. With COE SMEs, help design WFATL training materials, and coordinate training events for WFATL staff or other stakeholders (e.g., OPCS module/Academy).
8. Coordinate COE SMEs to provide strategic advisory guidance to internal clients, and escalate issues through proper channels as appropriate.
9. Create and maintain knowledge database based on client and WFATL’s needs.
10. Monitor, review, and assess the effectiveness of the COE and make improvements and adjustments as needed.
1. Engage the client service and account support teams on a regular basis to identify future COE needs, and serve as the go-to point of contact for any COE-related inquiries.
2. Build relationship with WFATL’s SMEs to obtain timely input for inquiries or knowledge requests.
The candidate should meet the following criteria:
• Five or more years of experience with a Bank, a major financial institution or a public accounting firm. Preferred: Strong knowledge of financial instruments.
• Sound experience with knowledge management systems (e.g., SharePoint).
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including excellent excel spreadsheet skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Should have a strong commitment to knowledge-sharing within a multicultural environment and the capacity to work simultaneously and effectively on a variety of tasks.
• Knowledge of training and knowledge-sharing methodologies, practices, (e.g., ADDIE, Kirkpatrick or similar training evaluation methodologies) and delivery methods (e.g., virtual, WebEx, recorded, self-service)
• Extensive experience in designing communication messaging and stakeholder engagement solutions
Key Competencies – the preferred candidate must demonstrate the following competencies (need HR insights)
• Deliver Results for Clients: Contributes to delivery of results for client on complex issues.
• Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries: Keeps others fully informed to ensure integration and work consistency.
• Willingness to work in different time zones – Given that the division is co-located in multiple cities in different time zones, candidates must be willing to work in different time zones especially the US EST time zone on an ‘as-needed’ basis.
• Lead and Innovate: Brings new and different insights.