Sr. Officer, Regional Finance Operations
Based in Washington, DC
Up to 20% international travel
Reports to Deputy Director, Field Finance
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Sr. Officer, Regional Finance Operations to join our dynamic Field Finance Team. The Regional Finance Operations unit serves as an organizational resource for country offices on PSI accounting systems, global finance policies and procedures, balance sheet reviews, risk assessments, and audit management. We are looking for someone with a strong background in accounting, a keen eye for detail and a love of working with people.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Reviews and addresses issues on balance sheets and monthly financial packets; Promotes compliance with or assess deviations from PSI global finance polices, provides input on global finance policy development or revisions; supports resolution of variances in balance sheet reconciliations between PSI/W and country offices (QBE).
- Supports field offices Finance Directors in efficiently conducting and closing local audits, including maintaining a schedule of in-country audits., Works with country office leadership and HQ External Audit team to ensure documentation is compiled quickly and completely for both country and HQ financial transactions. Supports timely development and implementation of items identified in management action plans on audit issues.
- Assists in change management around HQ requirements, including adoption of new policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance, Accounting or related analytical field.
- At least 7 years related work experience.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, fluency in French or other languages of PSI country offices desired.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, such as QuickBooks Enterprise or Lawson.
- Familiarity with donor funding regulations (i.e. USAID, Global Fund, DfID)
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.