International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Associate
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Senior Human Resources Associate, who will serve as a generalist. We are looking for someone who is assertive, works with a sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. This position is located in Vienna, VA and starts immediately. This position will report to the Director of Human Resources or designee.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership for employment agreements and amendments, removing contingent clauses, extending period of performance, updating scopes of work, etc.
- Lead the updating of employment agreements and modification templates.
- Provide leadership in communicating potential solutions by reaching out to various stakeholders.
- Schedule meetings with stakeholder to resolve relevant HR matters.
- Ensure documentation is in compliance with labor laws, contractual requirements and company policy.
- Manage the probationary period for all field office staff, ensuring all new hires have a performance review on file prior to the end of their probationary period.
- Manage 1420s for all employees, ensuring HR has up-to-date forms for all employees.
- Provide performance management support as needed.
- Conduct internal audits on employee records to ensure compliance with IBTCI policies.
- Communicate changes to Payroll including employee allowances, supervisor changes, etc.
- Partner with HR field offices to educate, train, implement and maintain employment agreements and amendments.
- Provide training and development support.
- Manage employment closeout for local employees including providing guidance, email account deactivations, separation letters, employee file relocation, certificates of service, etc.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures.
- Manage records management for all staff files in both electronic and hard copy formats.
- Serve as back-up HR point of contact in the review of job descriptions with the employee and supervisor.
- Serve as backup for providing notarization services for official documents.
- Serve as coordinator for the Staff Forum and other Home Office events.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Mentor Associates.
- Contribute to employee engagement activities as well as the improvement of employee morale throughout the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the HR function and the ability to understand critical needs of the organization.
- Strong understanding of the compliance needs of US regulatory agencies.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience with organizing and managing a fast-paced office.
- Advanced reporting, writing and research skills.
- At least three years of work experience for Bachelor’s degree holders and two years of experience for Master’s degree holders.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Flexibility and adaptability required.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience using the internet for research required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Fluency in another language, particularly French or Arabic desired.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel may be required and may include international travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.