PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
HR Business Partners at PATH are a global team of HR professionals who work in a coordinated effort to implement PATH’s people strategy and facilitate the delivery of best HR practices. The Sr. HR Business Partner is responsible for helping to design and drive the implementation of effective HR practices in support of the Essential Medicines and Technology, Analytics and Market Innovations divisions, in partnership with global colleagues. The Sr. HRBP supports multiple executives and reports to the US HR Director.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strategic thinking and ability to understand organizational dynamics in an unpredictable global environment. The desired candidate must be an experienced Sr. HR professional who is driven by a passion for change management, employee engagement, and global thinking. Collaboration is important at PATH; so it is expected that there will be collaboration across organizations, functions and geographies, balanced with the ability to drive forward quickly and independently as needed.
- Deeply understand the business of the Essential Medicines (EM) and Technology, Analytics and Market Innovations (TAMI) divisions and how it impacts, and is impacted by, decisions across the organization, and advise leaders on people-related matters that support the strategy and work of the division, and of PATH as a whole.
- Serve as a thought partner to the US HR Director in streamlining and enhancing the US HR Business Partner work and priorities.
- Meet regularly and partner with EM and TAMI leaders to stay informed and proactively identify opportunities to apply HR best practices. Leverage global HR colleagues as resources and escalate matters to ensure timely resolution.
- Participate as a critical member of the EM and TAMI leadership teams both in relationship to the work of HR and also more broadly as a partner to the division leaders and the work they perform.
- Provide recommendations to key stakeholders and senior leaders, leveraging data in areas such as employee engagement, retention, and attrition.
- Strategize with senior leadership and partner across departments and divisions to align on workforce planning efforts, including but not limited to onboarding, retention, succession planning, training and career development.
- Collaborate with EM and TAMI division and department leaders to develop and maintain a consistent talent review process and help identify opportunities for development, including stretch assignments and opportunities for performance improvement.
- Collaborate closely with Recruiting on talent management best practices, knowledge share, onboarding effectiveness, attrition data, job descriptions, etc.
- Actively support diversity and inclusion initiatives and help ensure they are integrated into workforce decisions.
- Provide employee relations support in matters including but not limited to; coaching, conflict resolution, investigations, and performance management and partner with legal counsel when appropriate.
- Support and drive change management efforts both for EM and TAMI as well as for PATH.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and mitigate risk in considerations of local laws and PATH policies.