The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking a Senior Grants and Contracts Coordinator at its national headquarters conveniently located in downtown Bethesda, Maryland.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Senior Grants & Contracts Coordinator works as part of a team and under general supervision to provide support for both pre- and post-award activities related to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s portfolio of grants and awards, including: basic research, research training, clinical care awards, and contracts with academic institutions, hospitals, private practices, and corporations throughout the United States and abroad. The Grants & Contracts Coordinator also serves as a liaison with internal departments such as Finance, Accounts Payable and Communications, as well as with external applicants and recipients.
Qualifications – Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) years’ work experience in grants and contracts
Qualifications – Preferred:
- Two (2) years prior work experience in a grant-making organization
- Prior experience working with finance and accounting systems is helpful
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service: Able to take initiative, demonstrate a customer service focus, exercise discretion and maintain confidences
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing with Program and Grant Officers and with staff at all levels having varying degrees of understanding of relevant regulations and procedures
- Computer: Experienced using Microsoft Office; experience with accounting and financial reporting systems is helpful
- Organizational Skills: Ability to organize priorities during levels of high demand and meet agreed upon deadlines for multiple constituents; able to maintain related electronic and paper records
- Problem-solving Skills: Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy; understand how to escalate issues and follow through to resolution
- Teamwork: Works together as part of a team, cooperates and uses personal contributions to promote success of the team; focuses on group results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support in pre/post-award activities, including: data entry and file management
- Collaborates with internal departments, including: Finance, Accounts Payable, Major Gifts, and Communications
- Monitors general email inboxes, addresses inquiries and/or forwards as appropriate
- Assists with organizing application documents; screens documents for completeness and adherence to program guidelines
- Monitors incoming applications in grants management system; provides assistance to applicants and/or seeks additional support to address questions
- Uploads scoring templates for applications into grants management system; sets up voting template in preparation for Review meetings
- Assists with preparing materials for Review Committee meetings
- Assists with coordinating Review Committee meetings; attends as needed
- Assists with drafting Award Letters for review and approval
- Uploads award amounts and required deliverables into financial and grants management system(s) as applicable
- Assists Awardees/Grantees with questions or concerns, follows through to resolution (e.g., requested changes to the Terms & Conditions)
- Monitors incoming renewal applications; screens applications and other documentation for adherence to terms and conditions of the award and Foundation policies; forwards for review and appropriate approval
- Monitors general email inboxes, addresses inquiries, and forwards as appropriate
- Keep Program Officers and Staff updated on upcoming grant/award reporting deadlines
- Processes and reviews renewal reports and expense reports, follows up as needed to resolve issues with incomplete or incorrect materials; forwards documents as appropriate for approval
- Prepares reports on grants and awards with outstanding contingencies
- Prepares de-obligation notifications to Grantees/Awardees and Grantee/Awardee institutions
- Medical Department Contracts
- Prepares and updates contract tracking sheets
- Alerts Program staff when invoices are due based on the deliverable schedules
This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a “life enhancing” mission, while benefitting from the resources and support of a highly regarded national non-profit organization.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to www.cff.org under “Careers”.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .