- Design and oversee performance and impact evaluations, cross-sector evaluations, whole-of-project evaluations for programming across USAID/Nepal’s portfolio
- Design and oversee quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations
- Develop M&E plans, define project indicators, and collect and review monitoring data and contribute to performance and impact evaluations through questionnaire development
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the project, including the data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques
- Design, quality development and production of all data quality assessment reports, assist in the production of evaluations reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses
- Interpret outcomes of implementation through data or other evidenced-based sources and provide program recommendations as needed
- Assist in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, environmental compliance, and management of information systems
- Design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations
- Support the maintenance of the Mission’s PMP and the development, maintenance as well as quality control of implementing partners’ M&E Plans and outputs
- Minimum 8 years of international development and program experience, with substantive work in design, management, and implementation of evaluations and assessments, data analysis, and performance monitoring
- Advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably International Development and/or Development Management with a desired emphasis in M&E
- Substantial technical experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably for USAID or another donor
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs in Ethiopia or Africa preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as Tableau, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS regulations
- Fluency in English required, native Amharic language skills preferred
- Ethiopian citizens are highly encouraged to apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.