Starting Date: 06/17/2019
- Proven experience in SQL programming
- Query and analyze multi-source data using SQL programming
- Knowledge of SAS and other programming languages and/or statistical software is a plus
- Extract and manipulate data from a data warehouse using appropriate tools (SQL, Cognos, SAS)to support analysis based on project specifications
- Generate and update existing periodic reports using Cognos
- Develop analysis plans, metrics and necessary statistics to investigate and monitor data and disease outcomes
- Perform data analysis in response to internal and external requests
- Troubleshoot and resolve data inconsistencies
- Maintain clear documentation that describe project specifications, SAS and SQL programming code, applied logic, memoranda/reports, and any caveats associated with the data
Data Quality monitoring, investigation and improvement
- Investigate data quality issues by querying data in SQL datamart, reviewing data collection and ETL processes
- Document and propose recommendations to address data quality issues in support of establishing data definitions and standards
- Knowledge of and experience working with databases, particularly relational databases, ETL processes and data cleaning business rules is a plus
- Assist with monthly conversion of SQL datamart into SAS datasets
- Work closely with team to address data collection, cleaning, mapping and improvement
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data through data validation and document data issues
- Automate existing processes and identify areas that would benefit from additional process improvement and propose improvement plans
Communication of important data findings
- Collaborate with and convey statistics and analysis to data team (database administrator, analysts/epidemiologists, director)
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of data improvement initiatives
- Works with stakeholders to determine requirements for standard reports, create mockups, and implement the reports in the appropriate tool. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to manage project timelines and expectations
- Enjoys learning new technologies and skills independently in order to optimize data processes
- Extensive experience in SQL programming and working with relational databases
- Experience analyzing large health datasets, such as death records, health claims data, etc.
- The candidate must be comfortable working in teams and reconciling various, potentially competing, requirements to produce solutions meeting a variety of user needs
- Comfortable with communicating complex technical issues both with technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge of public health, epidemiology, biostatistics
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 05/06/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.