Working Title: Specialist – Urban Health
Internal Title: IN SR PRG OFFICER
Location: New Delhi
Division: India Country Program
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is looking for a diligent, analytical and a highly motivated individual to work with the Health Systems Strengthening team, in New Delhi, India as part of the PATH South Asia Hub team. The candidate will have an opportunity to work and contribute to a growing portfolio of impactful work in the public health space across multiple program domains, including, Health Systems Strengthening, Maternal and Child Health, Infectious Diseases and Primary Health Care (PHC). In addition, the role would also encompass frequent collaborations with internal country offices and global teams within PATH, and external stakeholders including key donors, partners, and government agencies.
About the program:
In 2018, the launch of the Ayushman Bharat scheme envisaged the creation of 150,000 Health and Wellness Centers (AB-HWCs) by transforming the Sub Health Centers (SHCs) and Primary Health Centers (PHCs), in both urban and rural areas, to bring health care closer to the homes of people, resulting in the operationalization of 4,166 Urban PHC level AB–HWCs, as of 2022. Additionally, the Government through the Fifteenth Finance Commission (XV-FC) and Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Infrastructure Mission (PM-ABHIM) committed additional resources to strengthen the urban primary healthcare system. PM-ABHIM and the XV-FC offer opportunities for strengthening universal and equitable access to good quality PHC services in urban areas. In response, PATH is working with a mission to accelerate person-centered Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC) through innovation and partnerships through a combination of technical assistance, collaboration, and innovations to attain the following:
- Enhanced the accessibility of primary health care services
- Strengthened capacity, efficiency, and resilience of the health systems
- Catalyze community engagement for healthcare systems which are responsive and accountable
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the ideation, conceptualization, and implementation of urban health projects at PATH
- Provide leadership to existing urban primary healthcare projects and the concerned project teams
- Lead the planning and roll out of technical assistance activities related to urban health components of XV-FC and PM-ABHIM in the intervention states
- Work closely with state functionaries for the integration and implementation of urban health models into Urban HWCs (UHWCs) and Polyclinics in the respective states, including development of roadmaps, work-plans, activities, reports etc. particularly for urban health components.
- Build the capacity of intervention geographies for improving the local planning and implementation of National Urban Health Mission (NUHM) activities including planning for UHWCs, Polyclinics, etc.
- Monitor the status of urban health implementation across intervention states and hold review meetings to address systemic and technical barriers for improving delivery of urban healthcare in primary level settings.
- Oversee the implementation of continuum of care models by linking primary (with community-based care), secondary and tertiary healthcare facilities for enhanced access to quality healthcare
- Facilitate project activities including trainings, on-site coaching, workshop planning, logistics planning and management to ensure smooth project implementation
- Lead coordinated financial and operational planning by supporting the development of annual plans for 15th Finance commission, PM ABHIM and NHM program implementation plans (PIPs).
- Develop and produce relevant project documents such as situation analysis reports, assessment reports, success stories, gap analysis plans, procurement plans etc. as per program need and local context
- Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team to design indicators, establish systems for tracking progress, and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met.
- Frequent travel to the districts as per the project and organizational requirements.
- Support the Lead – HSS in the business development initiatives for urban health
- Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals