The M&E specialist will directly support ChildFund’s Global M&E plan for FY20 – FY22. This specialist will support the Child Verification process in Asia and Africa, the development and implementation of Global M&E data collection tool and as needed support the data collection aspect of the School Violence Prevention Program in Sri Lanka and Sierra Leone. This position will support the development and implementation of a mobile data collection application for Global M&E; will work closely with the Sr. Advisor, M&E to build and test different mobile data collection tools, coordinate data collection efforts globally and support data analysis and reporting on different projects.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Global MEL Platform Development
- Support the creation and implementation of a new Global M&E data collection platform
- Provide support in the creation and implementation of the child verification tool
- Assist in the coordination of data collection efforts in country (collect data collection plans, assist in the development of child databases)
Global MEL Data Collection Tools and Processes
- Under the direction of the Sr. M&E advisor, prepare mobile data collection surveys
- Manage data files, code and generate samples
- Coordinate data collection efforts in collaboration with other M&E staff
Global MEL Data Aggregation & Analysis Processes
- Support the global M&E data aggregation and analysis processes.
Development of Reports for Internal and External Use
- Support the development / creation of standard dashboards, and design reporting templates and other data visualization tools to enable the management of global MEL processes and to support managers’ knowledge and understanding of programmatic progress and results.
- Develop and deliver standard and custom data reports, as assigned.
Project and Program Model M&E
- Support M&E needs in project roll-out as needed.
- Work with the Country Office M&E Advisors on identifying the needs and opportunities to tie Grants M&E into the global M&E system.
The ideal candidate will have basic evaluation skills including data collection methods, data management (cleaning, coding, merging, sampling), analytical skills (interpret outputs) and reporting skills (interactive data reports).
- Minimum 3 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with statistical data analysis (preferred)
- Strong technical skills including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, e.g. SPSS, Epi-info, Stata, MS Access. Advanced Excel skills.
- Proven ability to present information in user-friendly formats (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite applications, e.g. Word, Outlook, Power Bi, and Excel (required)
- Experience with mobile data collection tools and platforms (preferred)
- English proficiency is required and proficiency in another language is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analysis, Statistics, Business Analytics, or another discipline with relevant coursework, or must possess the equivalent relevant work experience to ChildFund’s core business; Master’s degree preferred
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. (for Washington DC applicants) or in the specified country (for Global applicants) at the time of application.