Like to solve problems to improve operations? Like to help others and be the ‘go-to’ person for a small but mighty department? Like talking to generous donors who just want us to ‘make it right’ for them? This role is part of the extended leadership of the Supporter Care department and includes co-managing the daily service levels of our various phone and off-phone work functions, supporting our representatives who need help finding an answer, and helping our donors feel better about their experience with ChildFund through handling escalations and complaints with care and root cause research. It also includes supporting a variety of initiatives to improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Conducts reporting, identifies trends, owns documentation, and process improvements of those key areas that impact productivity, service levels, and customer satisfaction
- Shares in responsibility for key department wide metrics which span quality, productivity, donor retention, revenue, and customer service
- Delivers training on key processes as needed
- Is initial point of contact for escalations
- Tracks, analyzes and follows up with donors on special cases to ensure issue resolution regarding sponsorship acquisition and retention.
- Provides team leadership, role modeling and mentoring to new representatives.
- Coach associates in one on one and group sessions for improved performance
- May provide backup for manager or other specialists as needed
- Will include working to 7 PM approximately three days per week
- Able to independently problem solve on sensitive cases as well as understanding call center levers to pull to maximize call center performance
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- 1-2 years work experience in operations, customer service environment.
- Highly skilled in excel and other analytical tools
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with proven excellence.
- Desire to learn process management tools; process management experience a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- High proficiency in Excel and Salesforce
- High degree of problem solving skills and autonomy
- Project management and process management skills
- Excellent organization and prioritizing skills.
- Proficient in Windows, Word, email and Internet and database applications.
- Ability to handle and perform in fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Available to work flexible and extended hours.
Bachelors degree highly preferred
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.