International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: South Sudan Proposal Capture Consultant
Department/Location: Business Development/South Sudan
Reports To: Business Development Manager
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a consultant to provide services to support IBTCI capture efforts for the USAID/South Sudan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning follow-on activity. The period of performance is immediate, 2020.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support identification of relevant local firms for partnering.
- Support identification of qualified local personnel to be possibly included in the final project staffing.
- Support intelligence gathering on incumbent and possible competitors.
- Support intelligence gathering on USAID/South Sudan, including providing contacts at the mission.
- Draft a range of capture-related documents, e.g., competitor and partner analyses, capture questionnaires, and possible background analysis (on the socio-political-economic-security climate)
- Set up meetings with USAID, IPs, and others as needed for HO capture team.
- Make in-country travel arrangements for the capture team to get to scheduled meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision-making authority on final work products.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience preparing USAID funded proposals.
- Current expertise and local knowledge of civil society in South Sudan.
- Preference for experts currently located in South Sudan.
- At least five years’ of experience designing or conducting MEL programs for USAID.
- Experience organizing and managing meetings preferably as a routine task in prior professional positions.
- Proven writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Proven technical writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Experience working with USAID and international development donors in South Sudan.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Global Affairs, International Development, Monitoring and Evaluation or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Working Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel is may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.