|• Expected to lead and support data and information gathering.
• Facilitate access to and engagement with a cross section of electoral stakeholders, voter registration personnel and civil society and women’s groups.
• Able to conduct field travel to relevant electoral and voter registration sites where necessary.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS:
|EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Advanced degree in a relevant subject of political science, governance, international relations or similar.
• Minimum five years’ experience working on Puntland governance issues.
• Minimum three years’ experience with electoral process in Somalia, with strong preference for knowledge of Puntland and/or Somaliland local electoral processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of Puntland’s governance, civil society, media and democracy environment.
• Three years’ experience conducting research and analysis and supporting and facilitating interviews and translating and transcribing interviews
• Experience working with international teams and providing logistical support and coordination.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Professional level of oral and written fluency in Somali and English required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.