WYG will be tendering for the EIB funded Clean Oceans Initiative: Project Identification & Preparation Programme for Sub-Saharan Africa (COPIP). The intended commencement date is January 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
We are seeking candidates for the Solid waste sector expert position with the following qualifications and experience:
Qualification and skills:
- Academic degree in engineering in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Proficiency in oral and written English or French languages. Working knowledge of the other language is required.
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of general working experience, of which at least five years in developing countries, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Specific professional experience:
- Involvement in a minimum of 2 feasibility studies for the targeted sector in the past 10 years, financed by EU, EIB or other IFI’s.
- Experience in a minimum 2 projects in developing countries covering solid waste collection, separate collection of plastics, other materials and bio-waste, sorting and refinement of recyclable materials, recycling and treatment of recyclable materials and bio-waste, sanitary landfill disposal.