Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/Cambodia intends to conduct an evaluation of the USAID Keo Seima Conservation Project (KSCP) and the USAID Wildlife Sanctuary Support Program (WSSP). The two current USAID activities (WSSP and KCSP) are scheduled to end in March and August 2021, respectively. This evaluation will assist the Mission in reaching decisions related to: (1) the effectiveness of the current approaches to improving natural resource management; (2) the methodology to inform the Mission in any future activity; and (3) the nature and scope of possible future interventions based on lessons learned from the current project, and an assessment of missing opportunities that could address the social, economical and environmental issues more effectively.
SI is seeking a Socio-Economic (Livelihood) Expert for the Keo Seima Conservation Project and Wildlife Sanctuary Support Program Evaluation. The Livelihood Expert will be responsible for the technical and methodological support of the evaluation. He/she will participate in the desk review and use the findings in planning for the evaluation, provide technical support, contribute in the evaluation design and materials, and support the data collection. S/he will also contribute in the final report and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations. The approximate period of performance is June 2020 to January 2021, with the data collection scheduled to occur in October-November 2020.
**Please Note: This position is open to Cambodia nationals.**
Working under the Team Leader, the Socio-economic (Livelihood Specialist) will:
- Prior to field work, add technically and contextually relevant expertise to data collection instruments and interviewee targets
- Participate in conducting the desk review
- Conduct data collection for the evaluation using the methodology described in the Design Report
- Draft assigned sections of all requested Evaluation deliverables
- Post graduate degree in livelihood or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience working in the livelihood, socio-economic, environment/NRM sector
- Extensive experience in conducting qualitative evaluations/assessments of livelihood, socio-economic, environment/NRM sector
- Experience in preparing high-quality documents
- Excellent oral and written skills in English are required
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.