Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Social Media and Web Coordinator leads on GFP’s social media development to contribute to stronger engagement with key stakeholders including; current and potential donors and partners, Delegates, Pioneers and volunteers. The role is responsible for the maintenance of the GFP website in both English and Arabic, SEO, managing updates, new design and functionality as required, and liaising with external web design providers where necessary.
The Social Media and Web Coordinator also supports the Communications Department with translation, proof-reading (in Arabic and English), and shadows other staff as needed to update and access contacts databases and photo and video inventories.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
- University Bachelor’s Degree minimum.
- At least three year’s professional experience.
- Experience in social media development and monitoring.
- Experience in web maintenance.
- Experience in PR communications.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Experience proof-reading and fact-checking.
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, client management and customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/calendars/email).
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multi-task, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Interest in global current affairs, peace building and development.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task and a solid work ethic.
- Some experience in translation English to Arabic and Arabic to English.
- Experience in blogging.
- Experience in web design.